Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center - Rockville - no online reservations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

kendallpb

Model S: P 8061
Oct 29, 2010
MD, USA
The Rockville, MD service center is my preferred one in my Tesla account. It says "Your preferred service center has online scheduling." on my account page, so I almost made a service appointment over the weekend but delayed. I thought it pulled up that one when I clicked schedule appointment, but maybe I wasn't paying enough attention . . .

. . . because when I try it now, it still says that, but the schedule link shows me only Tysons Corner (not bad; sorta on the way to work for me) and Lancaster, PA?! I tried searching for Rockville, MD on that page (step 1, picking a service location), but those are still the only two I get. Not even Baltimore.

Does anyone know what's up - did the Rockville location stop doing online reservations, or did they never (and I was confused this weekend)? Or are they closing down the service center there?!

The phone # I had for them goes into the main Tesla support automated phone system now, and it's not worth driving 25 minutes out of my way to find out, so I figured I'd ask here in case any local yokels know what's up. ;-)

Hmmmm, a couple of months ago I tried to make an online reservation and it forced me to make an appointment at Rockville, even though my preferred center is Tysons. I was able to call Tysons and get it changed over the phone. Last month when I made an appointment via the app, it gave me Tysons. I realize my response only offers more questions, rather then answers, but still very curious. I do know, that when you call the service center, after so many rings, it automatically defaults to the main support line. So, maybe your best bet is to just hit zero and ask a tesla rep what your options are and/or why Rockville isn't coming up via online scheduling.

I tried 0 at one point and got to no one; I get the main voicemail after like one ring, at both the Tysons and Rockville numbers that I have. But I am kicking myself, because I stopped by Tysons for a different reason and meant to ask about Rockville, but forgot! D'oh. I'm going to schedule an appointment with Tysons via the web, though, and this time I will try harder to remember to ask. ;-)

• Funny
Reactions: MGMDaware