Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center Scheduling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

napabill

Supporting Member
As have many new Model X owners, I have a short punch list of fit & finish that needed attending to. Because my SC is 50 miles away I scheduled a pickup, with a loaner delivered to my house. Little did I realize that it would be close to a week before they could even get it into the service bay, just sat lanquishing in the lot. Quite frankly had I known I would of delivered the car to them myself, when shop space became available. They need to review how they schedule stuff. I haven't mentioned the SC as they have been very accommodating, though without much effect.

Your experience is quite normal. When the SC gets your car, they schedule the repairs which may be a few days away. Without your car being physically at the SC, they will not be able to schedule repairs. My SC tells me its becasue of their scheduling systems. Didn't make sense to me but didn't want to go down the questioning route on this topic. .

Your experience is quite normal. When the SC gets your car, they schedule the repairs which may be a few days away. Without your car being physically at the SC, they will not be able to schedule repairs. My SC tells me its becasue of their scheduling systems. Didn't make sense to me but didn't want to go down the questioning route on this topic. .
I'm 71 years old. Days matter!

One of the advantages of being in the Mid-Atlantic where Teslas are still not plentiful. I have had no problem getting an appointment at the Springfield NJ Service Center, and only had my X sit there for a couple days when parts were needed. A few weeks after I picked up my X I made an appointment at I thought was Springfield but somehow had been switched to Paramus. I showed up at Springfield only to find out that I was on the schedule for Paramus. They took me right away at Springfield, fixed my minor windshield wiper problem and then spent a couple hours going over my X to make sure everything was OK. I'm sure that wouldn't happen in Southern Cali. If you think it is bad now, Tesla had better plan on a whole lot more service centers in California and the rest of the world when the Model Ξ ramps.

a week? In south cal, at least 3 weeks and no loaner.
Seriously? Don't let that spread North too much. It might take a week or so to get an appointment but I have had my car dealt with the same day I took it in or even in hours as I waited. I know that it was being worked on because I checked the app and all my doors were open etc. Plus they gave me a Model S loaner too for the overnight or even when they thought they needed the entire day.

Seriously? Don't let that spread North too much. It might take a week or so to get an appointment but I have had my car dealt with the same day I took it in or even in hours as I waited. I know that it was being worked on because I checked the app and all my doors were open etc. Plus they gave me a Model S loaner too for the overnight or even when they thought they needed the entire day.
Too late! I tried to schedule our S and Roadster into Burlingame back in April and they were booking 5-6 weeks out.

My wonderful X will be leaving us on Monday for an unknown period as it will be leaving its home to travel to Rocklin's service center (they are picking it up as we live 300 miles away). It has a few problems with seals, wind and road noise, and panels/doors not being flush. I'm not sure how long it will be gone, but since they are leaving a loaner with us, I'm okay with the time it takes to fix the details. We love the car, and I notice I feel attached to it. We are looking forward to purchasing a trailer soon, and doing some traveling.

My wonderful X will be leaving us on Monday for an unknown period as it will be leaving its home to travel to Rocklin's service center (they are picking it up as we live 300 miles away). It has a few problems with seals, wind and road noise, and panels/doors not being flush. I'm not sure how long it will be gone, but since they are leaving a loaner with us, I'm okay with the time it takes to fix the details. We love the car, and I notice I feel attached to it. We are looking forward to purchasing a trailer soon, and doing some traveling.
I had the pleasure of being provided a Chrysler LaCrosse. AWFUL!!

• Funny
Reactions: Softwizard
We just got the news (with a big sigh of relief), that when our X is picked up today for servicing we will be getting an "older Model S" as a loaner. We couldn't be happier and think this will be fun. Sad to see our Dona Bella leave, but glad the service is being provided to fix the small issues. Thanks Tesla.

Reactions: madodel
Well atleast they need to set expectations right. When I dropped my car off for the third row seat recall 10 days ago (at their request btw), I was told that they will need the car for a couple of days. 10 days later and I still have no idea when I will get the car back.

They did give me a model S loaner but I have first world problems. I am having to park my car in the driveway, get into the house with my key and open the garage door and then park the car in the garage. Adding a lot of additional exercise!! Seriously though, the loaner is adding 30 mins to my already long commute because of lack of car pool lane stickers.

• Funny
Reactions: Softwizard
Besides taking a long time to look at your car once they have it, one of the goofiest things I noticed about the SCs is that they have very few if any parts on hand and only order parts for your car once their "diagnosis" is complete, even if it is obvious that something will need to be replaced. Orders for parts from the factory can have a one or two week delay. Since they are really only dealing with Model S and X vehicles at this point it would make a lot of sense to keep most parts in stock and replenish them as needed. This isn't a GM or Ford repair shop where there are millions of possible parts spanning hundreds of models over the better part of a century - and even those places keep the common parts on hand.

Conversely, those places don't give you a brand new Model S P90DL as a loaner...

Besides taking a long time to look at your car once they have it, one of the goofiest things I noticed about the SCs is that they have very few if any parts on hand and only order parts for your car once their "diagnosis" is complete, even if it is obvious that something will need to be replaced. Orders for parts from the factory can have a one or two week delay. Since they are really only dealing with Model S and X vehicles at this point it would make a lot of sense to keep most parts in stock and replenish them as needed. This isn't a GM or Ford repair shop where there are millions of possible parts spanning hundreds of models over the better part of a century - and even those places keep the common parts on hand.

Conversely, those places don't give you a brand new Model S P90DL as a loaner...
With the Model-X being so new and there were so many issues with latches, it is possible that some parts are simply hard to get a hold of because they (Tesla or their suppliers) can't make them fast enough.

Say what? Rocklin did mine while I waited a few months ago. I think it took about 3.5 hours. No sense in going in unless they have the parts in hand and also have the staff ready and able to do the work.
When was this? I was told that their IT systems (always blame it on the IT Systems!!) would only allow them to pull the appropriate part and schedule the work in the floor only when the car shows up - atleast that is the excuse I heard from the Factory service center. Also, to be fair to them, I had a couple of other small items to fix as well. But those were known to them well in advance of my scheduling the service.

All in all not a great service experience