Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center Scrached my hood after Warrentee work.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good Morning TMC! I became an owner of a beautiful S85 in February and I’ve been thrilled with it since I drove it 1200 miles home to PA 8k miles later and after a long road trip it started developing a “milling” noise coming from the RW Drive Unit and I scheduled a visit with the Devon Service center.
They were great and I had a little list of issues including door handles and the lift gate getting stuck. The service employees were excellent and they were able to give me a Red 75D as a loaner so I was real happy to try Autopilot as mine doesn’t even have parking sensors. The loaner was great but the autopilot did not function so I’m not sure if the disable it. It would have been great to try but such is life. I was relieved that my car doesn’t have a Glass Roof like the loaner car did. I don’t know about most of the folks here but the solid roof is much higher in the back seats and I can “hang” my suit jacket on the back seat much easier than with the glass roof model. I know they don’t even make it anymore so I like that lol.
So after two days I go back to pick up the car and was blown away with the service provided. Everyone was great and they went way above and beyond with the work. They upgraded my TPMC, I had the Q drive unit already replaced in my car (2016)....they gave me another Q drive unit so I figure those a are the most recent part and it’s that same from 2016. My car is not a P. They replaced the lift gate lights due to water, the lift gate actuators and new steering rods. Replaced my door handles with the new version and cleaned my headliner and readjusted my rear window to fix a leak. 20 new lug nuts and new B pillars that are still in back order and a ranger will come out to replace. I was very happy they put so much love into my car and I could feel the passion of the workers in the place so for that I’m thankful!

On to the not so nice situation...

After getting my key and thanking all involved, I walk out to my car and it was washed as I had asked. Upon walking around the car I see my worst Nightmare on my (no longer produced) Dark Metalic Blue color hood. About 6 scratches spanning the length of the hood in the middle and on the side.

I immediately asked the service rep to look and upon verifying with the the old “fingernail” test that it was indeed a scratch. He said “give me 25 min” and asked if I could wait. I said sure. It after getting it they said the hood was too hot and we set an appointment for this coming Friday to do some “light Sanding” and fix the scratch. I am not sure about this and wanted to get some feedback from any member who had had a similar situation as mine. I’m such a fan boy of Tesla I don’t want this to leave a bad taste in my mouth as the car has gone almost 6 years and is in very good condition with no scratches like this at all. If they cannot get it out what can they do? This will surely impact the value if not fixed correctly. Thanks.

Attachments

• 3381D256-D624-4449-8D42-36961C69432D.jpeg
    3381D256-D624-4449-8D42-36961C69432D.jpeg
    363.8 KB · Views: 109
Such a disappointmnet. There are some really talented detail guys ... let them at it.

I just got my Arachnids installed Thursday... they did a perfect job.

However, I went back to pick up my old turbine wheels, the morons stacked them on top of each other with nothing in between.

It really makes you wonder ....

Such a disappointmnet. There are some really talented detail guys ... let them at it.

I just got my Arachnids installed Thursday... they did a perfect job.

However, I went back to pick up my old turbine wheels, the morons stacked them on top of each other with nothing in between.

It really makes you wonder ....

They see hundreds of Tesla's and many of them dont care. It's another car to them unless it's their own. Since Tesla has grown so big, I'm sure they hired good and bad techs. Back when they were smaller in 2013, they hired techs that took good care of my car and was careful. They even told me proactively that they broke a clip which couldn't really be seen and said they would replace it. Now, it's just getting the cars repaired and then move on to the next. Great service advisors, but the techs need some additional training.

Reactions: Russell
Update...
They did another great job and I got to sit around the show room and talk Tesla all day lol...
The scratch was taken care of, 93% of it I’d say. While I was there, I pointed out another door handle issue, push sensor related, and they swapped that out drivers handle with a “gen 3” door handle, a whole new one! Also I’ve noticed a bulge in my drivers seat and they did to... I’ve got a NEW seat on order under warrentee! (In sure it will take a wile)

I tell you no other car company wants to “take their car’s with them” .....like Tesla does. Since I drive a year one S, this kind of service leads me to choose no other car company in the future!! They want me happy and I feel like I’m part of something, good news all around.

My nearest service center is 2 hours from me, so they offered to send a transport truck to pick up my car, drop off a loaner and fix some stuff then bring my car back. Transport showed up 8 hours late which was inconvenient, they only fixed half the stuff because they ordered the wrong parts then they brought the car back without telling me. So I got a call from service saying the transport was waiting at my house when I was 45 mins away.

Was kind of a pain in the ass, but they told me a ranger would replace the missing parts they ordered wrong .The next day I noticed a giant yellow scratch along my right side doors on my just paint corrected and ceramic coated blue car. I sent several emails to the service center and they ignored my calls.

When the ranger came (he was awesome) I showed him the scratch and he was pissed. Said he would launch a formal complaint to his managers about the service center and try and get my doors fixed under warranty. It's been a week and haven't heard anything yet.

Like was mentioned earlier some people just don't care and some people do. Would be nice if they were a little more careful with our 100k automobiles. While they might see alot of them and it might not be exciting to them, some of us have pride in our vehicles.