Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center - Smithtown, NY (Long Island)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla gotta put a supercharger V3 in the Smithtown location. When COVID is over the rush at Islandia supercharger will be as busy as pre Covid and will be inefficient for Tesla owners not to have one in Smithtown.
You should be able to make it to Montauk and back on one charge, and if not there's Southampton. Future locations in Shirley and Manorville will help you out.

I would be very disappointed if they don't install a V3 SC suite at Smithtown. Just some L2 chargers there currently. Not like they don't have plenty of room for SC's at that location.
Tesla doesn't usually offer Public charging at their Service Centers. Syosset no longer has Superchargers. The Destination Chargers at Smithtown are for cars in service, not owners.

There is a v3 in Copiague, and v2 in Islandia and Plainview. That being said, Superchargers are for trips or if you honestly can't charge at home.

Reactions: N54TT and st50maint
You should be able to make it to Montauk and back on one charge, and if not there's Southampton. Future locations in Shirley and Manorville will help you out.

Tesla doesn't usually offer Public charging at their Service Centers. Syosset no longer has Superchargers. The Destination Chargers at Smithtown are for cars in service, not owners.

There is a v3 in Copiague, and v2 in Islandia and Plainview. That being said, Superchargers are for trips or if you honestly can't charge at home.

my day trips to montauk are done on one full charge. If I’m staying out there I stop by manorville for a quick top off though.

^ now that is excellent news Art!!

My family has forbade me from driving past the SC any longer, but I had to go to Lowes last Fri (I was alone in the car so I was able to do a drive by ;) ) and the SC was still unoccupied.

If I had to guess, I'd imagine they're trying to deliver everything they have out of the Mt. Kisco SC til the end of Q3 then they will officially open the Smithtown SC beginning Q4.

Reactions: ArtK
So far so good, Anthony the service advisor and Mike the service manager are really nice and knowledgeable, they opened 2 days ago, sales next month. Noticed small templates/tools for measuring panel gap.

My Model S has "reduced acceleration", on original B pack, Mike believes the contactors might need to be replaced, hoping they replace the whole pack. Estimated time of repair completion is Sept 29th, they apparently dont have alot of inventory parts.

They gave me a loaner Model S with a leaky MCU, got sticky crap all over my hands.

2020-09-24 09.29.27.jpg
2020-09-24 09.29.50.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: NY_Rob
Not sure why you think it's meant for anything in particular, but don't really care either. I have it and I'll continue to use it.
While you can use it how you like, it is designed for long range driving. That is why they used to send nasty letters to owners who abused the chargers that were local to their home.

I used to go once a week because I didn't have an alternative (apartment). Once I got a garage I stopped. Plainview is overcrowded because local owners use it for regular charging.