Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center Sterling VIrginia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_3871.PNG

Neat!. I'm having my MCU1 to 2 and HDW 3 service this Thursday sounds like it might be my last at tyco road! this place is really big . plenty of space for all the 3s and Ys ( and some S's and X's ). Biggest issue at tyco road was parking of the cars waiting for service and after service and cars being delivered all at the same time. hmmm destination chargers out in front? hmmm.

I Took in my S and Y for service Monday to the new service center, so glad to have this very convenient (for me) location since I really don't like driving through Fairfax County.

My initial impression is favorable compared to Tyco in terms of responsiveness and keeping me updated on the progress of the repairs. They were very polite and prompt responding to texts and the responses I got were actually helpful and informative.
I didn't need transportation, Uber credits were provided, I did not inquire about a loaner since I didn't need one. Drop off was very fast (like two minutes), my last Drop off at Tyco took longer due to slow response to messages on my arrival.

After service completion, both cars were plugged in out front to charge until I was ready to pick up. Also nice because I could pick up any time since they did keyless drop off for both cars which was not the case when I went to Tyco 6 weeks ago where I had to wait for the car to be brought out front.

Unfortunately, neither of my issues could not be fully addressed because both required parts that had to be ordered from California. This is an area where clearly Tesla could improve their service, having a regional parts distributer or more parts in stock. In particular, I wanted a tow hitch installed on my new Model Y and that apparently needed additional parts to be installed correctly. I ordered the hitch back in June, making it a bit frustrating that their internal process was not tight enough to include all the parts needed for installation.

Regardless, great to have a new option serving the very busy Northern Virginia Tesla market.

• Informative
Reactions: jthompson
Great feedback, agree it is great to have another service option available within reasonable geographic distance.
WRTY hitch, does your X have the receiver already installed or is that the part you ordered? If the receiver is installed and you are awaiting the ball/ball mount, they are available from non-Tesla sources and used. See this cite for more info: Cars With Cords: Preparing to Tow With A Tesla Model X

It’s a Y not an X, no receiver yet. I requested it to be added with the configuration/build in April When that option popped up online but in Order to change the order they wanted an order extra 2k on top of the 1k for the hitch.
Great feedback, agree it is great to have another service option available within reasonable geographic distance.
WRTY hitch, does your X have the receiver already installed or is that the part you ordered? If the receiver is installed and you are awaiting the ball/ball mount, they are available from non-Tesla sources and used. See this cite for more info: Cars With Cords: Preparing to Tow With A Tesla Model X

Took my 2016 X in for service to this new location last week. An annual service plus a repair to my right side passenger door, which would nearly close all by itself in small discrete increments. I tried to get this door repaired a year ago at Tyco Rd SC --- even sent video --- and they told me the problem could not be reproduced.

The service at Sterling was like the "old days." The center kept me informed of the progress, and told me when they needed to get a new door drive unit, which was not in stock. The part arrived a day later and was installed in no time at all. The door works correctly now.

What a breath of fresh air.

Reactions: jthompson
Found this post and noticed the date of the most recent post. This service center is garbage. Awful customer service
Sorry to hear that! Can you elaborate? I would say given the 19 month gap since the last post on this thread, nobody else has felt the need to post a bad experience (or a good one for that matter). Hope your experience was an exception to the norm, I personally haven't needed service recently.

Also it looks like they just opened a new Service Center in Arlington at 395 and Glebe Rd, good to have more options popping up.

Reactions: Redmiata98