Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center Suggestion - Tires issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

talkingevs

GO AVS! 2022 CHAMPS!
Jan 28, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
So I got a nail in one of my tires. I still had the original tires on so I'm not as upset as I've driven 19200 miles on them. My big complaint is there was no way to contact the service center to find out the cost to replace all the tires. I had to drive all the way down and get the quote there....which was $1340+tax for all four. I had under half tread left and they actually recommended I replace all four as I thought they would. So I would have had to replace them anyways prolly within about 5-10k miles. But the fact you can't get ahold of anyone is mind blowing. You call the service center and you get a recording, and no one ever calls back. I call a local tire shop and they pick up right away but tell me they don't stick those tires and it would be a few days to get them in. So just a suggestion to Tesla, get a phone that someone picks up. Just my two cents.

Costco sells the OEM tires but they do have to order them. I doubt anyone actually carries them in stock for immediate delivery.

I would use the Tesla service centers sparingly, and not for tires. They are way too busy to deal with something that any competent tire store can handle. And they are overpriced.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
So I got a nail in one of my tires. I still had the original tires on so I'm not as upset as I've driven 19200 miles on them. My big complaint is there was no way to contact the service center to find out the cost to replace all the tires. I had to drive all the way down and get the quote there....which was $1340+tax for all four. I had under half tread left and they actually recommended I replace all four as I thought they would. So I would have had to replace them anyways prolly within about 5-10k miles. But the fact you can't get ahold of anyone is mind blowing. You call the service center and you get a recording, and no one ever calls back. I call a local tire shop and they pick up right away but tell me they don't stick those tires and it would be a few days to get them in. So just a suggestion to Tesla, get a phone that someone picks up. Just my two cents.
I had my Michelins replaced at Rocklin SC. Price was less than Tire Rack and they did a free alignment.
Love Tesla service.

I needed a tire replacement in December. I called the nearest service center, they answered the phone promptly, and quoted me the price. they stated that I did not need an appointment. I drove over, they changed the tire while I waited. it took about 30 minutes. they were entirely pleasant and helpful. the service could not possible have been better and was a far better experience that I've ever had at a tire company.

I’m in a similar situation to the OP. 19,800 on the original Tires and just got a nail in one. It’s at Costco getting repaired now. If thry cannot patch/plug it, does anyone know if you can roll a new tire with 3 older ones on a Mid-range Model 3? I think I have a decent amount of tread left.