Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center - Norwell MA (possible Supercharger?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 8.03.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 8.03.00 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 405
Reactions: chjch
98 Accord Park Drive Norwell, MA across from the 99 restaurant.
Looks like a service center where the old BMW? dealership was located. Attached is a drive by photo, looks to be moving along quite nicely.

Upcoming Meeting Agenda for Superchargers:
The agenda item "Utility Trench for Car Charging Stations" could just be for a set of L2 chargers at the service center. ie. it might not be for a supercharger installation. It would be great if someone local to Norwell could keep their eyes on this site for any evidence of a possible supercharger installation there.

Forgot to post these a while back. After driving through I would advise not scoping this out like I foolishly did. Several open and unmarked trenches in the parking lotsurrounding the building. Could very easily drop your car into one.

FCE51B68-E2E1-45EF-9002-E17089EB3AAE.jpeg

Attachments

• 7D321765-0F9B-4851-B679-99FB067FA3DB.jpeg
    7D321765-0F9B-4851-B679-99FB067FA3DB.jpeg
    544.4 KB · Views: 117
  • CF075B9F-3147-4577-8363-DD15FE5C70DD.jpeg
    CF075B9F-3147-4577-8363-DD15FE5C70DD.jpeg
    501 KB · Views: 114
  • 7842EFB4-126F-477B-A1E2-F890EFBB43C2.jpeg
    7842EFB4-126F-477B-A1E2-F890EFBB43C2.jpeg
    345.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 2B412229-ECC5-4C7A-AAAC-4345E8DF1E43.jpeg
    2B412229-ECC5-4C7A-AAAC-4345E8DF1E43.jpeg
    681.8 KB · Views: 145
Brought my 2017 S in for FSD Computer Upgrade and the recall. I was delayed twice until 8/27. When I got on the highway at 5:30 on that Friday, I realized the nav system said I was still in the shop. It was too late to go back. They closed at 5. I also lost AP, EAP, High Beams, and Intermittent wipers. I messaged over the weekend and got a message back from some regional person maybe covering the messages on the weekend? They told me to make an appointment and they would try to fix it sooner. Earliest was 9/14. I locked it in. Today I get a message they rescheduled until 9/27 because they will be closed. I understand stuff happens. But when they broke my car they should have told me to come right in. I messaged them last week and they said they could not see me if I came in. Fix an appointment from August first.

Apparently they are closed for a stretch now. Perhaps COVID related??? Maybe training? I just wish I wasn't put on the back burner . I imagine its just a database entry to point to the new computer. But, it sounds like they really don't know what they are doing.

I went there twice since they opened and both times everything was efficient.
Once was recalls and once was new tires.

Ugh, could be Covid-related. Or perhaps they flooded last week. When I was there I think the first time, it was raining and rain was coming in under the door.

I hope they are safe. I’m just very frustrated

Tesla is letting us upgrade the Full Self Driving computer and the MCU in our four year old cars!
That is UN-presidented!?

Do we expect that upgrade to go perfectly...no.
Will Tesla get it right eventually, you can bet on it.

Sorry, Couple things:

1. These are beta products (we know this), so no whining :).
2. They are doing the best they can given our demands, and their task master.
3. Forget calling, they stopped answering the phone three years ago.
4. Use the mobile app to schedule a service call, they respond, and chances are the fix could happen in your driveway.
5. Walk-in to any Service Center at 7am, suggest Watertown or Dedham, and they will bend over backwards to try to help you.
6. If you are still fed up, get an ICE car, then your expectations will be justified.

These cars are magic, even without NAV, AP, EAP, High Beams, and Intermittent wipers, for many many weeks.
When we finally get are hands on FSD version 10, well, then we will be able to pine for version 11.
She rarely gave and gave like that!

PS. IMO along with the FSD upgrade, the MCU2 upgrade (with the FM radio add-on) was very worth it in my August 2017 S75.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tdreamer
Brought my brand new MYLR in to this SC on Friday (9/10). Alignment was off on a delivery causing (I think) all sorts of driver assist errors (no emergency braking, no AP, no traction control, no regen braking, etc…) Place was crazy busy, staff was nice, but you can tell they’re still sorting things out. What was supposed to be a 6 hr repair changed to them keeping my car over the weekend.

as many others have said, there’s no super chargers at this SC.

We had an excellent service experience in Norwell MA today. It was for 2 recall issues: 1) coolant pressure/temperature sensors and 2) ball joints.
Zack was very helpful and knowledgeable. Check-in was smooth and the work was completed in half the estimated time.
The down side is that we live on Boston’s north shore and Norwell is south shore. So we had to drive through Boston there and back. Recognizing this, Zack voluntarily scheduled a follow-up appointment for an unrelated minor issue with one of the rear seats, for them to do the repair at our home just 3 weeks from now. Nice!

We had an excellent service experience in Norwell MA today. It was for 2 recall issues: 1) coolant pressure/temperature sensors and 2) ball joints.
Zack was very helpful and knowledgeable. Check-in was smooth and the work was completed in half the estimated time.
The down side is that we live on Boston’s north shore and Norwell is south shore. So we had to drive through Boston there and back. Recognizing this, Zack voluntarily scheduled a follow-up appointment for an unrelated minor issue with one of the rear seats, for them to do the repair at our home just 3 weeks from now. Nice!
Forgot to say we own a 2020 MY, LR, AWD

The agenda item "Utility Trench for Car Charging Stations" could just be for a set of L2 chargers at the service center. ie. it might not be for a supercharger installation. It would be great if someone local to Norwell could keep their eyes on this site for any evidence of a possible supercharger installation there.

The minutes from that May 2021 meeting referenced in the thread's opening post make it clear that they are definitely talking about superchargers and not just L2. There is discussion and concern about the liquid cooling that the superchargers use, "the supercharger did contain a coolant but would be protected by bollards." However, it's still not clear whether the intention is to install a real number of publicly accessible superchargers that everyone could use or to do what Tesla has done at a bunch of other Service Centers and install just 2-4 supercharger stalls that are meant for the Sales/Service center use.

In searching Norwell's building permits for activity at 98 Accord Park Dr. or with Tesla as the applicant, I didn't find anything listed with a date after the May 18th planning meeting. So, no chance to try and solve the mystery via that route yet. But I believe that database only lists issued or completed permits, not those still under review. So it's possible there's been paperwork progress since May that just isn't visible yet.

Reactions: Tdreamer