Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

service center survey - pissed off customer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a whole world of people that have become easily offended. Making a big deal of that seems to get them the attention they crave.

Generally, there is a whole world of people who are easily offended not because they have high expectations, but because they have unreasonable or unrealistic expectations. The expectation or right not to be offended, for example. To expect a level of service given a particular price point is not unreasonable.

Noticed that people with high expectations are usually pissed of at something.
People with low expectations are more happy and fun loving.

Sometimes you can make your life much more enjoyable by just lowering your expectations a bit.
You couldn't be more wrong on this one. Ask anyone who knows me and they'll tell you that I'm the one of the most happy and fun loving people you'll meet. Saying that something is wrong with ME because Tesla can't make my cars operable (not perfect, operable) and has zero ability to communicate with me is offensive. Like I just need to be happy with the fact that my cars are undriveable and Tesla won't help me? You're right, that is fun!

To build on what you've just said regarding "since Model 3 came out"... I'm scared of how bad things will get. By this I mean that our service centers (two in the Denver area) are SO far behind and can't keep up. When I'm finally able to get my car in I don't even see that many Model 3's there for service though. Mostly Model S with a scant few Model X and only the occasional Model 3. Once those cars start getting up in miles they're bound to start requiring service at a higher rate. We know that Tesla cut a lot of corners on that 3 to reduce cost so it's a fair assumption that they could start failing at an even higher rate. Maybe the simplicity will make them less prone to failure? Who knows. The point is that, at like 5k per week, that demand for service is going to ramp up drastically as time passes and our local service centers are the most awful service I've ever experienced now.

But, but, according to Tesla and "fanboys", EVs and especially Tesla vehicles are so reliable that maintenance and repairs are not something to worry about. Those who have issues with their vehicles are in the very small minority, Lol. I see many posts of new owners having problems, so not a small minority, since there are lots of new owners entranced by Tesla's marketing and hype. On top of that are multiple-Tesla vehicle- owners who have been disappointed at the lower QC level and customer service compared to their prior cars.

Reactions: BulldogsRus
But, but, according to Tesla and "fanboys", EVs and especially Tesla vehicles are so reliable that maintenance and repairs are not something to worry about. Those who have issues with their vehicles are in the very small minority, Lol. I see many posts of new owners having problems, so not a small minority, since there are lots of new owners entranced by Tesla's marketing and hype. On top of that are multiple-Tesla vehicle- owners who have been disappointed at the lower QC level and customer service compared to their prior cars.
So because there are people who complain on the internet that somehow means it's a majority of tesla owners who have complaints? Lol lol lol I'm just looking for some numbers here. How many teslas have been sold? Now please fill me in on how many of those post there issues on this forum? No one has actual numbers to support either side of the arguement but if you have participated in forums for other products you will quickly learn that most people don't belong to them and don't care about forums. The reason for forums is mainly for people to research an issue, ask questions, or be part of a group that has similar interests. Some people join to only complain about issues. Some people join because they support whatever the forum is about.

I really wish Tesla would send out satisfaction surveys to all tesla owners to get some real data not what someone perceivea to see on the interwebz...

Last edited:
Reactions: SO16
You couldn't be more wrong on this one. Ask anyone who knows me and they'll tell you that I'm the one of the most happy and fun loving people you'll meet. Saying that something is wrong with ME because Tesla can't make my cars operable (not perfect, operable) and has zero ability to communicate with me is offensive. Like I just need to be happy with the fact that my cars are undriveable and Tesla won't help me? You're right, that is fun!
Your expectations are too high. If you expect poor communication, incompetence and an inoperable Tesla you'll be a perfect happy Tesla customer.

everybody is real happy until they see the real Tesla
This is the part that I disagree with. My experiences with the service centers (Van Nuys, CA and Burbank, CA) have always been good and the staff always friendly. You assume the "real Tesla" is bad and everyone has just been getting lucky all these years. I don't buy it. You had a bad experience and I'm sure it soured you on Tesla, that's too bad. Maybe next time it will be great service and we can roll you back into the fold.

This is the part that I disagree with. My experiences with the service centers (Van Nuys, CA and Burbank, CA) have always been good and the staff always friendly. You assume the "real Tesla" is bad and everyone has just been getting lucky all these years. I don't buy it. You had a bad experience and I'm sure it soured you on Tesla, that's too bad. Maybe next time it will be great service and we can roll you back into the fold.
I feel the same way. Not saying that people dont have bad experiences but I really feel like there are more positive than negative.

• Helpful
Reactions: Evoforce
I feel the same way. Not saying that people dont have bad experiences but I really feel like there are more positive than negative.

As I've explained to you previously, only the motivated few come here to complain about the poor CS endemic to the company. Scale this up to 500K cars, and it is illogical and statistically impossible that the few who complain here are the only ones experiencing poor CS.

As I've explained to you previously, only the motivated few come here to complain about the poor CS endemic to the company. Scale this up to 500K cars, and it is illogical and statistically impossible that the few who complain here are the only ones experiencing poor CS.
So your the expert? Ok sure sounds good. Glad to know someone on here has the inside scoop on how many unhappy Tesla customers there are. :rolleyes:

Seriously, until you can supply actual numbers to prove me and many others wrong were going to keep supporting Tesla and reporting on our positive experiences.

One need not to be an "expert" to have basic critical thinking skills, and enough experience to know how stuff works. Emotional investments and cognitive dissonance often go hand in hand, which allows us to love the car and hate the company all at the same time.

• Love
Reactions: Chaserr
One need not to be an "expert" to have basic critical thinking skills, and enough experience to know how stuff works. Emotional investments and cognitive dissonance often go hand in hand, which allows us to love the car and hate the company all at the same time.
Again, until someone can show actual numbers to support either side of the happy/unhappy arguement then were all just playing the guessing game.

I have dealt with tesla enough to form my own opinions and I have talked with many other owners of teslas who are happy, satisfied etc. And believe it or not they dont belong to this forum. There will always be a larger percentage of people on forums who are unhappy.

Do you even know why people use forums? Go ahead use your critical thinking skills now.......

Tesla as a Vehicle is an amazing vehicle. Tesla as company is nickle and dimming every aspect of the ownership experience. When buy a 100K car you expect certain level of service. When you don't you definitely will get pissed off. For e.g: for Tesla to have better efficiency in their SC; why the hell a owner of a $100K car go around in a UBER for days on end?; He could saved all the money he spent on TESLA to get just a UBER around...

I’m typically a huge huge fan of tesla service but I’m about to cross the 50k mile mark on my model 3 so I wanted to bring it in to fix a few rattles I had. For the first time I went to the new Carlsbad service center instead of Costa Mesa and they had a new “manager” who tried to tell me that tesla no longer considers rattles to be a warranty issue after the first few months of ownership.

I have owned my car for 13 months and I’ve not 1 times been to a service center, 4th new tesla I’ve owned and I literally couldn’t believe what he was telling.

I don’t think he’ll have that job much longer due to the way he was treating people and it was SO SO different compared to the normal “Tesla” experience. Hopefully they don’t grow too much too fast and loose their awesome service they’ve always had. This time really freaked me out but when I came to pick it up they ended up doing all warranty work for my “loose panels” that are apparently not considered under warranty per Carlsbad manger.

Again, until someone can show actual numbers to support either side of the happy/unhappy arguement then were all just playing the guessing game.

I have dealt with tesla enough to form my own opinions and I have talked with many other owners of teslas who are happy, satisfied etc. And believe it or not they dont belong to this forum. There will always be a larger percentage of people on forums who are unhappy.

Do you even know why people use forums? Go ahead use your critical thinking skills now.......

We will never know the numbers. However, it is inconceivable that the same 10 posters here are the only ones getting the CS treatment.

Why people use forums? Multiple reasons, ranging from boredom to stock manipulation. What did you have in mind?

Seriously, until you can supply actual numbers to prove me and many others wrong were going to keep supporting Tesla and reporting on our positive experiences.
I would consider the numbers would talk for themselves, when tesla is able to fix a 4 hr job within the day and return the car within 24hrs back to the owner. Till then, I will keep complaining as I did not buy car to leave it in service more than any other I have owned in the past 20 years, where TESLA should be doing better.