Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

service center survey - pissed off customer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would consider the numbers would talk for themselves, when tesla is able to fix a 4 hr job within the day and return the car within 24hrs back to the owner. Till then, I will keep complaining as I did not buy car to leave it in service more than any other I have owned in the past 20 years, where TESLA should be doing better.
Yes but we dont have the numbers.

Noticed that people with high expectations are usually pissed of at something.
People with low expectations are more happy and fun loving.

Sometimes you can make your life much more enjoyable by just lowering your expectations a bit.
Very true, though if everyone keeps lowering their expectations, the general quality of products and services will keep going down too.

• Helpful
Reactions: Chaserr
I don't care much about what everybody else does. Mostly do this for improvements in my personal mental health.

Other people are welcome to be constantly disappointed and grumble a lot.
So it seems this is a technique which works when only a small number of people do it. In other words; when only few people lower their expectations, those people are happy, but the higher expectations of others keeps the product or service providers on their toes. If everyone lowers their expectations, companies see it as a way to save cost and/or make more money by lowering the product quality, and it begins a cyclic race to the bottom - lowered expectations, lowered product quality, further lowered expectations, further lowered quality...

Kind of like stock market. When only few people figure out a stock is a good deal, they buy it low, then sell high. If everyone thinks the stock is a good deal, demand increases, price shoots up and there is no deal to be had.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
So it seems this is a technique which works when only a small number of people do it. In other words; when only few people lower their expectations, those people are happy, but the higher expectations of others keeps the product or service providers on their toes. If everyone lowers their expectations, companies see it as a way to save cost and/or make more money by lowering the product quality, and it begins a cyclic race to the bottom - lowered expectations, lowered product quality, further lowered expectations, further lowered quality...

Kind of like stock market. When only few people figure out a stock is a good deal, they buy it low, then sell high. If everyone thinks the stock is a good deal, demand increases, price shoots up and there is no deal to be had.

Or like health. When only a few people stop immunizing, they can generally remain healthy because the others still immunize keeping them from being exposed to disease. When enough people think the way they do, pandemic occurs.

Not sure where all the debate is about % of pissed off customers. When you're a pissed off customer who can't get your car fixed and can't talk to anyone about getting it fixed does it really matter how many others are experiencing the same crap service?

I've had three Model S now and have had to deal with customer service multiple times on each one and it's an absolute nightmare at both Denver service center locations. I couldn't make up how bad these service centers are. In fact, I imagine those who defend Tesla so staunchly just happen to live near a good service center and lack of imagination prevents them from imagining a scenario where the customer service is horrendous.

I've seen people complain about the service of our local Toyota dealership even though they consistently get high ratings and, in all of my dealings I've had great service over the years. When I hear someone complain (which is rare) I have to think the problem is them. I'm usually quite forgiving about small hiccups here and there and tend to have my expectations lower than average which bodes well for my sanity in life.

That being said, is it that those who lack the imagination to understand that what they personally experience may not be what someone else experiences across the country from an entirely different service center? Is it also possible that these same people who defend Tesla think that us "complainers" are being figurative when we say that we're left w/o working cars for weeks/months on end and nobody to talk to? If that's the case, I'm here to say that I'm being literal in all of these statements. Seriously. I wasn't just trying to use hyperbole to make my issues seem worse than they were/are.

Owning cars that you can't drive w/o anyone to talk to is one of the most annoying things I've ever experienced in my life. If you haven't experienced I can see where you think that my personal experience might mirror yours and I'm just being overly sensitive. There's no way in hell anyone would experience what I've experienced from Tesla Customer Service and say that the problem is anything other than the service center I'm forced to deal with.

Noticed that people with high expectations are usually pissed of at something.
People with low expectations are more happy and fun loving.

Sometimes you can make your life much more enjoyable by just lowering your expectations a bit.
But human nature is such that the more money you spend on something the higher the expectations unfortunately. It didn't help that Elon promised the moon (i.e. Performance model loaners, FSD by date X, free SC, etc.), now its Uber credits and "don't talk to repair techs"). When it gets to the point where people are hoping they "get a good one", be it car, service center or rep, it makes you worry somewhat esp. because Tesla unlike ICE dealers doesn't give you tons of options if you have a bad experience with one.

So your the expert? Ok sure sounds good. Glad to know someone on here has the inside scoop on how many unhappy Tesla customers there are. :rolleyes:

Seriously, until you can supply actual numbers to prove me and many others wrong were going to keep supporting Tesla and reporting on our positive experiences.
We already went down this road before so let me say it again...when the actual OWNER of the company is forced to go on record for subpar service then no it's not some rare unicorn only contained to Tesla message boards.

How Musk is Trying to Address Tesla's Service Issues - Market Realist

And before you state it once more, no I don't own one yet and this is one of the main reasons and it's a big one that will most likely get worse once the Model Y launches pretty soon!

• Love
.....this is so repetitive

I have acknowledged that people have all kinds of different experiences from good to bad. I have never said bad service doesnt happen and that people are making it up. Is it really that hard to understand. But and this is a huge but, believe it or not some people do in fact have good experiences. I know I know it's a tough pill to swallow.

@Ostrichsak these comments are not necessarily directed at you but more for the general viewers.

There are valid points on both sides of the good/bad discussion and what I have noticed is if someone has a good or bad experience and the people commenting in the thread don't agree they are labelled as fanboys/haters. We all bought teslas for our own reasons so there has to be some type of common ground. We all want good service. Venting on a forum is great but is that going to change anything. Nope probably not. Yelling at or treating the sc people bad does nothing either. The most effective way to change things is to stop buying the product but obviously that hasnt happened.

Open to suggestions....

If my post doesn't apply to you then perhaps I wasn't talking to you specifically but more the other members who have blatantly called us liars essentially by going public about our repeatedly horrendous customer service experience. But seeing as you quoted me...

I never said nobody had a good experience and even recognized that some in certain areas very well may have good experiences which is all the more proof that bad areas can and should get better. The problem is that Tesla as an entity doesn't even seem to realize or recognize where the bad areas are because nothing is being done about it.

It's also true that BOTH of those can be accurate. Just because I and many others have had awful experiences doesn't mean that some at some locations haven't had good experiences. That's a straw man argument you created. What I am saying, however, is that I don't see how it would be humanly possibly to have even a decent customer service experience at the Evans & Littleton Tesla Service Centers the way they are run. No exaggeration.

Suggestions since you requested them: Tesla needs to triple the # of employees at these two locations just as a starting point. They need a team of people answering phones instead of one single Tesla employee (also not an exaggeration, his name is Scott) that has the only phone number of BOTH locations roll into his voice mail at the rate of hundreds per day whereby he then divvies the calls out as he sees fit. This becomes especially aggravating when the voice mail is full and you can't even leave a message for someone to call you back someday which is most of the time. They then need to adopt more of a "legacy car dealership" model whereby my appointment is an actual appointment. I can drive to my appointment (which hopefully won't be a month away now that there's more employees from my previous suggestion) at say 10:00am on a Friday and fully expect that a tech will look at my car at that time, diagnose the problem and then inform me on repairs and if they can be performed at that time or if a future appointment is necessary. Instead, the way it works now is I make an "appointment" on the app that is over a month away (soonest available) and when I arrive after driving 2-hours one-way I'm told that my car is now put into a queue to be looked at and that queue is over 20 cars deep. Wut? Why did I make an appointment then? Oh, you made an appointment to get your car down here physically to put it in queue so it's here the moment the tech gets a chance to look at it because they very busy. Dafuq? When I question this I'm then met with "I worked at other dealership service centers and this is how they all operate" Bull f$&@ing s$#t! I may have been born at night but it wasn't last night so don't feed me this BS. Hell, I even WORKED for other car dealerships so I know quote well how things work and it's NOTHING like Tesla approaches customer service and none of those differences are upgrades. How dumb is the average Tesla customer if these sorts of lines work? Lastly in this rant, more service centers. The Denver area will have THREE total service centers within a 15-mile radius of the center within the next couple of months as the 3rd is being finished now. This is idiotic and if all of the previous problems didn't exist I may not have much as a complaint. The bottom line is that getting a car down to the service center requires multiple multi-hour trips, no loaner (unless you fight for it, I left that part out about how they lied to my face multiple times before miraculously producing one given my "unique" case) and no communication.

This isn't even about expecting more because they cars are "luxury" either. I'd GLADLY pay even more for the basic care we received at our local Kia dealership from our previous new car which was about $35k.

Good times.

Reactions: Tesomega
Who said it was only 10?

(edited for unintentional snippiness)

I did. Guestimation is a critical thinking skill, as opposed to concrete thinking. You do acknowledge that Tesla has a problem, and it is certainly within your right to downplay it and continue to make excuses for a company that actively works against its customers, but you say you need to hard data to confirm this is happening, so I'm not sure how i can overcome that.

Reactions: BulldogsRus
We already went down this road before so let me say it again...when the actual OWNER of the company is forced to go on record for subpar service then no it's not some rare unicorn only contained to Tesla message boards.

How Musk is Trying to Address Tesla's Service Issues - Market Realist

And before you state it once more, no I don't own one yet and this is one of the main reasons and it's a big one that will most likely get worse once the Model Y launches pretty soon!
Please show me where I said it was a rare unicorn. You already lost what little credibility you thought you had so just quit while your still behind.

Here ya go just for kicks. Let the spinning begin....what was your target price again?

Screenshot_20191213-104215_Google.jpg

One interesting point that came to mind in reading some of the responses is that direct sales/service model of Tesla might be a negative towards customer service in that there is no competition to offer better service when there are no rival dealerships. I believe Starbucks locations are all corporate owned (though not all are corporate operated...airports) but it's clear that Starbucks measures same-store sales and customer satisfaction as a metric.

My personal opinion is the odds of getting the best service at a Tesla SC depends on their degree of impaction/density, regions with higher unemployment (full employment correlates with crappy workforce), and luck of the draw. My local Service Center in Costa Mesa is within walking distance to my house, but it's got to be the most impacted SCs in the nation given all the Teslas in Orange County. My only experience was getting my rear window defroster fixed. It took 8 miles of test driving, sat on their auxiliary lot for 10 days, and took about 4 hours of shop time to fix. My gripe was that I would have preferred they reschedule my service appointment for when they were ready to work on it. Luckily I had 2 others cars and truck to drive, but their system did not make sense to me. It made me think the cost of loaners, rental cars, and rideshare credits could easily be avoided by a quick diagnosis and a reschedule for the actual repair.

Reactions: BulldogsRus
Please show me where I said it was a rare unicorn. You already lost what little credibility you thought you had so just quit while your still behind.

Here ya go just for kicks. Let the spinning begin....what was your target price again?

View attachment 487912
Look at your responses in this very topic!! You're asking how many people it actually is ("...So because there are people who complain on the internet that somehow means it's a majority of tesla owners who have complaints? Lol lol lol I'm just looking for some numbers here."; "Not saying that people dont have bad experiences but I really feel like there are more positive than negative"; "So your the expert? Ok sure sounds good. Glad to know someone on here has the inside scoop on how many unhappy Tesla customers there are").

Let me explain it again since you seem slow to comprehend, THE ACTUAL OWNER OF TESLA had to go on record to address the ISSUES with customer service and repairs...not once did he state it was only "a few or a small minority"! And please don't talk about "credibility", you can't even use the word 'you're' properly in a sentence, not to mention everyone here is correctly refuting your baseless claim.

And what does stock price even have to do with any of this exactly, financial guru? Amazon's is currently at more than FIVE TIMES theirs and they're universally known for treating their employees like *sugar* and screws sellers.

upload_2019-12-16_7-56-13.png

McDonald's is at 200 and is their food good for you? Your post makes no sense whatsoever.