Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

service center survey - pissed off customer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just spoke to a Tesla fanboi this afternoon. Boy is he p-o'd. He brought his car in for some service, it came back with dents and service warnings. Oh, and he can't get anyone on the phone to voice his displeasure. Hey, no issues. Fanboi says this will be his last Tesla now that it has happened in his backyard.

• Informative
Reactions: Chaserr
I just spoke to a Tesla fanboi this afternoon. Boy is he p-o'd. He brought his car in for some service, it came back with dents and service warnings. Oh, and he can't get anyone on the phone to voice his displeasure. Hey, no issues. Fanboi says this will be his last Tesla now that it has happened in his backyard.

Why not go back to the service center ?

He had someone else pickup his car because he was working. They went back to the SC to fix the service warning.

I think when I bring my car in for service the one time before my warranty expires this coming summer, I will do a walk around with the service advisor noting that there are no dings/scratches. Like rental companies do. (Providing I don’t get any beforehand.)

Reactions: r1200gs4ok
I think the thing that bothered him most was that he could not get someone on the phone to figure out how to resolve this problem.

Some people do really still want the ability to call evidently. Even though every place I contact for questions (including my doctor, bank, amazon support), I go through the website. Then there is also a text history of what is stated. For Tesla, I just go through the app. In this case, I’d go straight back to the service center. Hopefully the person picking up the car didn’t cause the issue.

Some people do really still want the ability to call evidently. Even though every place I contact for questions (including my doctor, bank, amazon support), I go through the website. Then there is also a text history of what is stated. For Tesla, I just go through the app. In this case, I’d go straight back to the service center. Hopefully the person picking up the car didn’t cause the issue.
If the app was a little bit more robust I wouldn't care. Sometimes, just like with your doctor or bank, messaging isn't the best option. I hate phone calls and prefer chat/text/messaging too but even I need to talk to a human being sometimes. It's rare but having that option for exception cases is very important for the proper addressing of those rare occurrences. If I could request a phone call or have the ability to place a phone call to talk to a human this wouldn't be an issue. When I buy a used Model S from Tesla and can't get my title work for 6 months and I'm unable to get my license plates, temp tags or talk to anyone who can help me with these... that's a problem. I've got countless similar issues with Tesla in our ownership of three of them and many times a direct phone call would have saved both us as well as Tesla LOTS of additional work and frustration.

If the app was a little bit more robust I wouldn't care. Sometimes, just like with your doctor or bank, messaging isn't the best option. I hate phone calls and prefer chat/text/messaging too but even I need to talk to a human being sometimes. It's rare but having that option for exception cases is very important for the proper addressing of those rare occurrences. If I could request a phone call or have the ability to place a phone call to talk to a human this wouldn't be an issue. When I buy a used Model S from Tesla and can't get my title work for 6 months and I'm unable to get my license plates, temp tags or talk to anyone who can help me with these... that's a problem. I've got countless similar issues with Tesla in our ownership of three of them and many times a direct phone call would have saved both us as well as Tesla LOTS of additional work and frustration.
Which is concerning because a lot of this has to do with the Model 3 introduction I'm hearing, and if it hasn't improved drastically since launch I'm worried it may be exacerbated with the Y right around the corner.

Which is concerning because a lot of this has to do with the Model 3 introduction I'm hearing, and if it hasn't improved drastically since launch I'm worried it may be exacerbated with the Y right around the corner.
This is absolutely the case. Customer service from Tesla was among the best experiences in the car industry before the Model 3 ever came out. Around the time the Model 3 came out Tesla suddenly decided they needed to be profitable consistently which hasn't allowed them to properly pace their customer service resources with their new car sales. Quickly the wait times and ability to contact a human disappeared and, even though Elon addressed this nearly a year ago during a quarterly earnings call as one of his first and main points, it hasn't improved and if anything has got worse. In our region we have far fewer employees at our two service centers than we did prior to that announcement and admission by Elon and they were already understaffed for the amount of service needed. Meanwhile, Tesla has been selling 5k or so cars every single week. There is no sign of improvement on the horizon to even look forward to at this point as employees continue leaving at a rate faster than they are replaced due to awful working conditions and expectations.

In another conversation someone actually had the audacity to say that "once the Model Y comes out they'll be infused with profit allowing them to devote more to customer service resources" which is what the Model 3 was supposed to do. Based on that experience and lopsided skew to supply v demand from that ramp up I only see things getting worse as time goes on and especially once the Model Y starts being delivered.

Sorry for the poor customer service some have experienced. I have been to our local SC four times and they've always been great. I feel bad for how busy they get and I see they're all trying their best to stay professional, positive, and correct things within their power for customers. That is why I didn't sweat it when they needed my car longer than expected after they found out a delivered shipment contained the wrong part, lol. I also didn't bother submitting receipts for them to reimburse me for Uber (some system glitch prevented them sending Uber credits to me; six failed attempts). My impression of our SC staff is that they bend backwards and try hard to make things right for the customer. I have been extremely satisfied with the service and have not received any surveys.

Reactions: SO16 and PWlakewood
I will have to search around. Four days out now from Delivery Survey. I have asked the local Store, the delivery centre and/the Referral Centre to send me their Customer/Selivery survey to fill out.

For Vancouver, what a completely horrible experience as compared to the brands we've followed Acura and Mercedes up to this point. It is quite obvious they have hired nothing more than "Apple Genius type" staff. With my current rep replacing his colleague on Paternity telling me "you are wasting everyone's time, including mine".