Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

service center survey - pissed off customer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, which illustrates the difference and preferences between app/web based customer service and speaking to a live person. It is often faster than attempting to explain a complex problem first in text and then again when contacted via phone.

Yes and no. Typically the time waiting on hold for a support person can be put to better use for writing out the situation. And then there is no misunderstanding if written well enough. To each their own.

Yes and no. Typically the time waiting on hold for a support person can be put to better use for writing out the situation. And then there is no misunderstanding if written well enough. To each their own.
Waiting on hold to talk to someone @ Tesla is part of the problem. Call your local [insert manufacturer other than Tesla here] service and see how long it takes you to get a human being.

thats why I’m saying I just type my issue into the app and wait for a response. I don’t like calling anyone if it can be avoided.
Trust me when I say that I passionately hate talking on the phone. I avoid it at all costs. Even for someone like me, messaging in an app for ALL things that could go wrong on a Tesla simply isn't acceptable as the only option. Especially as it currently functions. They've got a LONG ways to go before someone like me is fine with no phone option let alone your average consumer.

Trust me when I say that I passionately hate talking on the phone. I avoid it at all costs. Even for someone like me, messaging in an app for ALL things that could go wrong on a Tesla simply isn't acceptable as the only option. Especially as it currently functions. They've got a LONG ways to go before someone like me is fine with no phone option let alone your average consumer.

I agree that I wish Tesla kept the phone option. But they didn’t. Fortunately for Tesla, their future (younger) customers are probably okay with that.

I agree that I wish Tesla kept the phone option. But they didn’t. Fortunately for Tesla, their future (younger) customers are probably okay with that.

Or you could just stop pretending that taking away a means of communication for a company who has demonstrated a poor track record communication is a good thing. Again, if I could get my problems resolved in a timely manner the first time w/o needing to talk to anyone I would love it! Over here in reality though customer service sucks and I need the ability to talk to a human being that I can hold accountable until my situation is properly resolved.

Or you could just stop pretending that taking away a means of communication for a company who has demonstrated a poor track record communication is a good thing. Again, if I could get my problems resolved in a timely manner the first time w/o needing to talk to anyone I would love it! Over here in reality though customer service sucks and I need the ability to talk to a human being that I can hold accountable until my situation is properly resolved.

Please point to where I said it’s a “good thing” that they took it away.

You were saying that the time spent on hold could be better put towards typing a message. As if somehow more options for communication isn't a better option than less.

Well...you’re wrong. All I’m saying is that it’s not the “OMG, the sky is falling, what will we do?!?!?’” If we don’t have the phone option. As I have noted in other posts, I do wish they had the phone option since it seems so important to some people.

Reactions: cucubits
Well...you’re wrong. All I’m saying is that it’s not the “OMG, the sky is falling, what will we do?!?!?’” If we don’t have the phone option. As I have noted in other posts, I do wish they had the phone option since it seems so important to some people.
Well.. you're wrong. In your scenario the person's issue is that the DRLs are dimming slightly and they need them replaced. Sure, delayed responses to messages or robo-appointments are fine. In my scenario the car can't be driven, the earliest available appointment via the app is over a month and they're w/o transportation and can't get anyone to reply to messages going on several days. Still think that person should just keep sending messages and not act like the sky is falling?

Reactions: Tesomega
Well.. you're wrong. In your scenario the person's issue is that the DRLs are dimming slightly and they need them replaced. Sure, delayed responses to messages or robo-appointments are fine. In my scenario the car can't be driven, the earliest available appointment via the app is over a month and they're w/o transportation and can't get anyone to reply to messages going on several days. Still think that person should just keep sending messages and not act like the sky is falling?

I don’t recall stating a “scenario”.

Did you state your car is not driveable in the service request? When I requested service, they got back to me much earlier than my actual appointment date.

Well if it’s as bad as you say it is and cannot drive the car, I’d take an Uber to the service center to talk direct.

You'd take an Uber 4-hours round-trip on the off chance they'll do something for me other than just tell me to make an appointment via the app? You clearly haven't been to our service center because you have WAY more faith in their level of "give an ish" than I do.

I'm a little bit sensitive when people who haven't experienced our only customer service option say taking away means of communication it's a big deal. What I wouldn't give to have customer service so good I can be confident in the app for all of my communication needs.

You'd take an Uber 4-hours round-trip on the off chance they'll do something for me other than just tell me to make an appointment via the app? You clearly haven't been to our service center because you have WAY more faith in their level of "give an ish" than I do.

I'm a little bit sensitive when people who haven't experienced our only customer service option say taking away means of communication it's a big deal. What I wouldn't give to have customer service so good I can be confident in the app for all of my communication needs.

No I wouldn’t do that. My service center is out of state. 3 hours one way. Thanks Michigan anti Tesla laws. But I knew that going into this at time of purchase.

Well that’s too bad it’s been so horrible for you.

I’m glad it doesn’t seem to be the norm at many other service locations.

You can also try escalating through the account page website.

Last edited:
Well that’s too bad it’s been so horrible for you.

I’m glad it doesn’t seem to be the norm at many other service locations.

You can also try escalating through the account page website.

I have. It does nothing. There used to be a way you could even select "Management Review" for your customer service messages through the website but that quit working and then went away entirely last year. We're on an island out here and there's no answers for all of us Tesla owners in about a 5-6 state radius of Colorado.

I've heard similar horror stories for other locations so it's not isolated to the Denver area service centers. Others still have nothing but glowing reviews of most of the locations in Southern California so it shows that they can do it right... if they care to. They don't seem to give a hobo's crap about Tesla owners in the Rocky Mountain Region though. It's awful from top to bottom and we can't talk to a single human being.

Until they can make it better, we need more options for communication... not less.

• Informative
Reactions: SO16
I have. It does nothing. There used to be a way you could even select "Management Review" for your customer service messages through the website but that quit working and then went away entirely last year. We're on an island out here and there's no answers for all of us Tesla owners in about a 5-6 state radius of Colorado.

I've heard similar horror stories for other locations so it's not isolated to the Denver area service centers. Others still have nothing but glowing reviews of most of the locations in Southern California so it shows that they can do it right... if they care to. They don't seem to give a hobo's crap about Tesla owners in the Rocky Mountain Region though. It's awful from top to bottom and we can't talk to a single human being.

Until they can make it better, we need more options for communication... not less.

out of curiosity, what is happening with your car?