Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

service center survey - pissed off customer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my second last visit to the SC I had sum words with the manager when he mentions to me that when I get the customer service satisfaction survey to rate them

when i indicated I would not be giving a favorable rating due to the usual Tesla runaround and employees blaming each other for misinformation.

Problem Solved- i now no longer receive the satisfaction surveys.

i,guess rhat is a great way to keep ur ratings high, right?

anybody else notice they don't receive the survey after they have been labelled a pissed off customer?

....yet another pissed off thread? Seriously sell your car and move on already.

It's entirely possible to both love a product and hate an aspect of it that you wish were improved at the same time. This doesn't mean that the glaring issue gets swept under the rug and anyone who dares question the infallible Tesla isn't worthy of owning their products.

I too had yet another negative experience with customer service and never received a customer survey. I suspect it wasn't a coincidence and your post supports that.

Last edited:
It's entirely possible to both love a product and hate an aspect of it that you wish were improved at the same time. This doesn't mean that the glaring issue gets swept under the rug and anyone who dares question the infallible Tesla isn't worthy of owning their products.

I too had yet another negative experience with customer service and never received a customer survey. I suspect it wasn't a coincidence and your post supports that.
I've had nothing but positive experiences and didnt receive satisfaction surveys.

I do agree that problems should not get swept under the rug however there seems to be an abundant amount of negativity around some people and there posts/experiences. Complaining on a forum will not get the issue resolved. I would have approached the situation a little different. Being nice and cordial with someone may prove to be a better option as you may get different results that benefit you. If you did truly have a horrible experience dont take it out on the sc as they may be only one small part of the bigger issue. If you get a satisfaction survey fill it out and be honest whether its positive or negative which in the long run may benefit us all. I deal with customers on a daily basis and there are those that are difficult to deal with and complain about everything and then there are extremely nice and understanding customers. I don't treat them any different and when we hand out our satisfaction survey I always get a 10 even from the customers who had a horrible experience.

I've had nothing but positive experiences and didnt receive satisfaction surveys.

I do agree that problems should not get swept under the rug however there seems to be an abundant amount of negativity around some people and there posts/experiences. Complaining on a forum will not get the issue resolved. I would have approached the situation a little different. Being nice and cordial with someone may prove to be a better option as you may get different results that benefit you. If you did truly have a horrible experience dont take it out on the sc as they may be only one small part of the bigger issue. If you get a satisfaction survey fill it out and be honest whether its positive or negative which in the long run may benefit us all. I deal with customers on a daily basis and there are those that are difficult to deal with and complain about everything and then there are extremely nice and understanding customers. I don't treat them any different and when we hand out our satisfaction survey I always get a 10 even from the customers who had a horrible experience.

Your post assumes he or I weren't polite and cordial and somehow the poor customer service was a result of our bad attitude and therefore our fault. I'm not accepting that as reality. It's highly possible that Tesla's customer service sucks that bad.

It might not be that only a certain number of people are negative constantly. Could it be that this customer service issue with Tesla is a major problem so you're starting to see that being expressed on the forum more? With no drastic improvements in sight this is only going to increase as more and more Tesla customers are left out in the cold with issues and zero means of recourse.

Your post assumes he or I weren't polite and cordial and somehow the poor customer service was a result of our bad attitude and therefore our fault. I'm not accepting that as reality. It's highly possible that Tesla's customer service sucks that bad.

It might not be that only a certain number of people are negative constantly. Could it be that this customer service issue with Tesla is a major problem so you're starting to see that being expressed on the forum more? With no drastic improvements in sight this is only going to increase as more and more Tesla customers are left out in the cold with issues and zero means of recourse.
Not saying everyone on this thread was rude. I'm not assuming the op was rude I'm just going by what he said and how he interacted with the service rep. Customer service problems do exist at tesla and you or anyone else who has a good or bad experience should let Tesla know about it but why not try a more productive method. And to comment on there being more negative experiences lately, well actually it seems to have gotten better in these forums as of late.

Reactions: dhrivnak and Sherlo
That's interesting. I don't think I've ever received a customer survey from Tesla Service Center, but that is an interesting thought that they would bypass "pissed off customers." I'm not sure how each individual Service Center is rated or evaluated by corporate or if it even matters to them. Tesla as a company seems to have its priorities on innovation, financials, and looking ahead 5-10 years. Customer service and customer satisfaction seems to be very low on their list, though there are plenty of hardworking people doing their best in a very difficult situation.

By Tesla being selective in their feedback creates the danger of creating an echo chamber where constructive criticism and venting (some of which is legitimate) would be filtered out. I'm sure this is just a coincidence.

Tangent: If other EV manufacturers can create a car that is 80% as capable as a Tesla and build out a reliable, connect fast-charging network or EVSE, and give good customer service (like Porsche or Lexus), I would strongly consider buying that brand. I also wouldn't mind if Tesla trained and authorized 3rd party service centers in heavily impacted regions or areas with low satisfaction.

Reactions: BulldogsRus
I had a complicated repair recently that dragged on for weeks due to errors. I was always gracious and polite, so don’t fall in the pissed-off category, but also noticed I didn’t get an “after” survey.

I’ve gotten them before...

it’s a useless manager that manipulates the data rather than improve actual results, but the worlds full of them, and one assumes, it is tolerated from above.

the car is so awesome
way ahead of it's time.
I'm on vacation right now and driving a 2020 Ford Edge.
so many strange revving going on and I keep saying it's hard to believe Ford still can sell this crap.

I totally get where Tesla is coming from.
they make cool vehicles, so either ya suck up the crappy customer service, or ya sell....

i will list in the Spring....if I don't lose my short on the deal--- it's gone!

i think I've just had extremely bad luck and issues back to back to back....

just luck of the draw - but the costumer satisfaction thing I thought was over the top this time.

just seems there really isn't anyone in charge and the employees Tesla has are castoffs that couldn't make it at real dealerships.

i visited the Vegas showroom last year and the Tesla kid salesman that approached me was maybe 20 years old.

he didn't know much about the cars, but did tell me that one day he hoped to be able to afford one!

anyways trying to discuss the negative ownership experience with Elon's cult followers is kinda fun

you can tell them the worst customer experience stories, and they be like, sell your car you baby

everybody is real happy until they see the real Tesla

...there seems to be an abundant amount of negativity around some people and there posts/experiences.
Maybe Tesla is creating an increasing number of bad experiences?

I've loved Tesla experience between 2013 and 2017. Lost some love for Tesla corporate over their sleazy marketing cheating me out of $25K, selling me a 691hp and 2 years later telling me battery can only support 463hp, but service was still great, which was the key to me buying 4 Model S, even though each required fixing right after deliver (stupid things, like mirror not unfolding and flopping around while driving, which took multiple visits to remedy permanently - took that long for Tesla corporate to redesign the mirror assembly with a more powerful motor). However, since Model 3 came out, Tesla service has been completely overwhelmed and their ability to help customers seriously neutered, along with the loaner fleet. The increase in pissed off customers is not unexpected really, and the way things are going, it will get worse.

Maybe Tesla is creating an increasing number of bad experiences?

I've loved Tesla experience between 2013 and 2017. Lost some love for Tesla corporate over their sleazy marketing cheating me out of $25K, selling me a 691hp and 2 years later telling me battery can only support 463hp, but service was still great, which was the key to me buying 4 Model S, even though each required fixing right after deliver (stupid things, like mirror not unfolding and flopping around while driving, which took multiple visits to remedy permanently - took that long for Tesla corporate to redesign the mirror assembly with a more powerful motor). However, since Model 3 came out, Tesla service has been completely overwhelmed and their ability to help customers seriously neutered, along with the loaner fleet. The increase in pissed off customers is not unexpected really, and the way things are going, it will get worse.

To build on what you've just said regarding "since Model 3 came out"... I'm scared of how bad things will get. By this I mean that our service centers (two in the Denver area) are SO far behind and can't keep up. When I'm finally able to get my car in I don't even see that many Model 3's there for service though. Mostly Model S with a scant few Model X and only the occasional Model 3. Once those cars start getting up in miles they're bound to start requiring service at a higher rate. We know that Tesla cut a lot of corners on that 3 to reduce cost so it's a fair assumption that they could start failing at an even higher rate. Maybe the simplicity will make them less prone to failure? Who knows. The point is that, at like 5k per week, that demand for service is going to ramp up drastically as time passes and our local service centers are the most awful service I've ever experienced now.

Reactions: BulldogsRus
Noticed that people with high expectations are usually pissed of at something.
People with low expectations are more happy and fun loving.

Sometimes you can make your life much more enjoyable by just lowering your expectations a bit.
And some people will search for something to be pissed at until they convince themselves that they are pissed for a good reason.

• Helpful
Reactions: Evoforce