Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center swamped

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm assuming Costa Mesa is a store also? Never been there. I've never had an issue, including last week when I showed up 2-3 hours early to drop my car off, they met me at my car and had a loaner ready. I'm equal distance from Rocklin and Dublin but use Dublin due to preferred drive.

Costa Mesa has an SC near the delivery center. I suspect that there is an influx of Model 3 delivery issues that combine with the general growth of Teslas in SoCal. They're using Lyft to get me around, because there were no loaners available in the morning. Prior to this I always had a loaner available until the last time when I was offered an Enterprise ICE rental.

I also go to Costa Mesa for our X and 3. It's gone from bad to worse. They're just swamped. The facility is too small, they've converted the small front parking lot into a holding area for all the cars in addition to the space in the back. The next closest is Buena park. It would help if they open a south OC service center, maybe near the the Mission Viejo sales center.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
For those in Socal, try Buena Park SC. They are much bigger than CMSC and the staff there are very knowledgable.

I remembered when I asked for Uncorking my X100D. They immediately knew what I was talking a lot and uncorked my car.

Another time I asked them to fix the interior rattle sound which normally is difficult to fix. They fixed it in a day and the problem never came back.

They are awesome!

For those in Socal, try Buena Park SC. They are much bigger than CMSC and the staff there are very knowledgable.

I remembered when I asked for Uncorking my X100D. They immediately knew what I was talking a lot and uncorked my car.

Another time I asked them to fix the interior rattle sound which normally is difficult to fix. They fixed it in a day and the problem never came back.

They are awesome!

Agreed. Went to Buena Park for the first time and came away very impressed. They seem to have the more typical Customer—>Service Advisor—>Service Tech chain of command. Compared to Costa Mesa, they were much more proactive about reaching out to me with updates, and they actually fixed all the items I brought up. The service notes were detailed. They even corrected some mistakes made at the Costa Mesa SC. My service tech seemed very knowledgeable and was easy to get a hold of.

Costa Mesa has a great team, and they’ve gone out of their way in the past to get me into Tesla loaners and track down weird issues. But, I feel like they've gotten overwhelmed recently, which seems to cause them to rush cars out the door, leading to oversights and mistakes.

Agree that we need another SC down here. When one pulls up to an intersection and encounters three other Model Xs (of different colors), you know sales have really taken off, and service bottlenecks will soon follow.

Here I am waiting 90 minutes for a loaner. Monday afternoon in Costa Mesa. I know we're in TeslaLand here, but none of the three people ahead of me have been offered a loaner. You should see the place, though. It's swamped. What's your experience?

costa mesa = it ended up being 2.5 hrs (yes hours!!) from the time I dropped the car off to receive a loaner. #insane!! Buena park has me OTD usually in 15 minutes. I needed a sooner appt so I came to Costa Mesa where I bought the car.

I also go to Costa Mesa for our X and 3. It's gone from bad to worse. They're just swamped. The facility is too small, they've converted the small front parking lot into a holding area for all the cars in addition to the space in the back. The next closest is Buena park. It would help if they open a south OC service center, maybe near the the Mission Viejo sales center.

The service agent told me 2 more service centers are opening in the OC in 2018 = I believe he said fountain valley and ? mission veijo - it can't come soon enough. And the IE will finally get one in Ontario in 2019 he said!! Riverside or Corona needs one!

• Informative
Reactions: ps004ynos
Stopped by my service centre in Vancouver BC and a guy came out and went over my car with me, popped some clips into place, answered my questions about door alignment, made an adjustment and charged it - all while I stood there. They had some 6-year old cars in getting their yearly maintenance but that was it. Sales have been swamped though, people buying 2-3 cars while I'm there each time.

The service agent told me 2 more service centers are opening in the OC in 2018 = I believe he said fountain valley and ? mission veijo - it can't come soon enough. And the IE will finally get one in Ontario in 2019 he said!! Riverside or Corona needs one!

The mobile service on my 3 is from Mission Viejo Mobile Service (they even said they are separate from Costa Mesa).

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
The mobile service on my 3 is from Mission Viejo Mobile Service (they even said they are separate from Costa Mesa).

That’s a thought. Standalone mobile hubs. Similar to back when there was one ranger for all of Oklahoma. No lifts, no customer interface on site. Just an influx of parts and pieces (the top 20 things that break plus any per-customer items as they come up), and an outgo of a fleet of service vans/techs 12-14 hours a day every day.

well count your lucky stars. Our appointment is for this saturday .... at least 10 visits w/in the past year. Can't wait for our X lease to be up. Howe to god YOU are not the one that picks up our lease return.

I've had some visits to the sc with my X to fix the common issues. I think the car is squared away now and I don't expect frequent visits moving forward. Do I have regrets? None. Everyone is different, to me a drive to the service center in my Tesla and a drive home in a loaner Tesla while putting miles on the loaner vs mine for a period of time is not the life altering burden that some posters here act like it is, just doesn't bother me. It's all perspective, I've got better things to do then worry about meaningless minor issues. You couldn't pay me to own a new ICE.