Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service center - Torrance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery back September 28th EOQ rush. I noticed my tail light passenger side stick out versus driver side so I documented it and requested a service appointment.

Questions to those that scheduled a service appointment because of delivery defects.

Did they look at the car the same day or did they tell you they’d have to keep it for a few days?

Was there a loaner option available?

If they state they need to keep it, can I refuse the service and if I do, does that void my call out of the protruding tail light if any future issues come about?

What should I expect when I arrive? I’m reading differ experiences and every experience had this in common- confusion to what was being fixed and how long they kept the car.

Any feedback or insight is much appreciated. I have an appointment this Friday at 9

I brought our Y to the Torrance Service Center for a couple delivery defects and was impressed with the process. You may need proof that the defect is related to delivery, so hopefully you have a time stamped photo of the problem that was taken within 72 hours of delivery. I was not offered a loaner (they kept my car for half a day), but they did give me a $100 Uber credit which was great. You won’t know if they’re going to need to keep the car or not until you get there and show them what’s wrong. If they do want to keep it and you can’t accommodate, you can always just make another appointment.

Reactions: thesmokingman
I took delivery back September 28th EOQ rush. I noticed my tail light passenger side stick out versus driver side so I documented it and requested a service appointment.

Questions to those that scheduled a service appointment because of delivery defects.

Did they look at the car the same day or did they tell you they’d have to keep it for a few days?

Was there a loaner option available?

If they state they need to keep it, can I refuse the service and if I do, does that void my call out of the protruding tail light if any future issues come about?

What should I expect when I arrive? I’m reading differ experiences and every experience had this in common- confusion to what was being fixed and how long they kept the car.

Any feedback or insight is much appreciated. I have an appointment this Friday at 9
Not Torrance, just got my car back from the Irvine service center.

This sounds like a pretty mild issue. Same day issue you should get a $100 Uber credit. For the Irvine service center, they have an agreement with a nearby Enterprise so I had a loaner through them. 3 of us were on the shuttle to Enterprise and we had BMW/Mercedes tier vehicles available. One Model S was available but the person in front of me got it.

• Disagree
Reactions: ScoobyDoo82