Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center - Vallejo, CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some photos...

20210417_141047.jpg

20210417_141056.jpg

Reactions: ChrisJ and ohmman
I had to take my car to Vallejo and figured I'd relate the experience. Our Model Y, less than1 year old and less than 7k miles, had a failure at the Vacaville supercharger location. After charging, it wouldn't go into drive and threw up a slew of error messages about brakes and motors. We (well, my wife and daughter and our daughter's 6 month old, not me) were on a trip from Portland to Sonoma, so a particularly bad time for the car to die. And it was the Thursday before Memorial day, so a busy weekend for the service center.

Tesla arranged a tow to Vallejo where the car was quite the mystery. They hadn't had this particular set of errors occur before. They did a ton of inspections and a lot of time and eventually traced it down to a loose wire connector. Sound simple, but root cause analysis on something previously unseen can take time. My car has probably been more thoroughly inspected now than it was when it was made :) Throughout the process, communication was excellent. The service manager Nina and her lead tech updated via messaging or phone call regularly, particularly after the first couple days.

It all got fixed and they're putting it on a truck back to Portland and I should get it back Friday (they covered a rental in the meantime). All covered under warranty and they threw in a free rear spoiler for our trouble.

Tesla is fairly (in)famous for communication issues, so I wanted to highlight this excellent experience. Sucks the car died and it took a while to find the root cause, but Nina and her group did a great job communicating and making it right.

I had to take my car to Vallejo and figured I'd relate the experience. Our Model Y, less than1 year old and less than 7k miles, had a failure at the Vacaville supercharger location. After charging, it wouldn't go into drive and threw up a slew of error messages about brakes and motors. We (well, my wife and daughter and our daughter's 6 month old, not me) were on a trip from Portland to Sonoma, so a particularly bad time for the car to die. And it was the Thursday before Memorial day, so a busy weekend for the service center.

Tesla arranged a tow to Vallejo where the car was quite the mystery. They hadn't had this particular set of errors occur before. They did a ton of inspections and a lot of time and eventually traced it down to a loose wire connector. Sound simple, but root cause analysis on something previously unseen can take time. My car has probably been more thoroughly inspected now than it was when it was made :) Throughout the process, communication was excellent. The service manager Nina and her lead tech updated via messaging or phone call regularly, particularly after the first couple days.

It all got fixed and they're putting it on a truck back to Portland and I should get it back Friday (they covered a rental in the meantime). All covered under warranty and they threw in a free rear spoiler for our trouble.

Tesla is fairly (in)famous for communication issues, so I wanted to highlight this excellent experience. Sucks the car died and it took a while to find the root cause, but Nina and her group did a great job communicating and making it right.
Glad to hear it went well and sorry for your troubles. That’s a lot of stress on a road trip. Was it the connector to the 12v battery that was loose?