TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Service Center Wait Times - Post Your Results

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by DJ Frustration, Aug 22, 2016.

1. DJ Frustration

DJ Frustration Model X Sig, Former Model S, Model 3 Res

It may be of interest to the community to see a non-scientific sampling of real world wait times at various Service Centers. Please post your Service Center name, days you have had to wait after first call to actual service appointment, vehicle that is getting serviced, whether loaner was requested.

I've read concerns about Service Center overload between the Model S and X fleet. I've also read that people are hesitant to buy into the Tesla ecosystem because of these concerns. This survey will hopefully shine some light on whether there is a real problem or a first world problem. I hope it's not the case with the arrival of Model 3 in a year and a half.

Dania Beach, FL - 10 Day Wait - Model X Sig P90D - Loaner

• Helpful x 1
  2. mastermason11

mastermason11 Member

Buena Park, CA - 12 day wait - MS P85 - Loaner

Burbank, CA - 20 days - MS P85 - loaner

3. dgpcolorado

dgpcolorado Member

Salt Lake City UT — 14 days — S60 — no loaner needed since I waited while the service was being done.

4. alseTrick

alseTrick Member

So that's how many days it took to get your car into the shop after scheduling service? What about how long it was actually in the shop? Maybe a brief explanation of what work was being done would also be helpful.

• Like x 1
  5. mastermason11

mastermason11 Member

Haven't done the service yet as I'm still waiting for my slot.

6. aaron0k

aaron0k Member

As of July, it was 30 days for the Los Angeles Service Center (on Santa Monica). I was given a loaner over the weekend (P90D w/Lud).

It's definitely gotten worse; when I used to take my MS40 there all the time a while back and it would only be 2-3 day wait.

7. Xminus6

Xminus6 Member

Scheduled with Dublin yesterday for Sep 7. 12 days.

8. jdevo2004

jdevo2004 Member

It is going to be interesting to see how Tesla deals with the massive influx of Model 3 which is only just over a year away. Do they plan on doubling the number of service stations? Are they doubling the size of current service stations? If so, they better move a little faster. Tesla is setting themselves up for big problems in the customer service department imho.

9. mastermason11

mastermason11 Member

Had a chat with a relative that works at a tesla SC. The eay they operate is a team (consists of 3-4 techs) are working on a single car. Not the typical 1:1 that you typically see in non-tesla SC. This might be the reason why the scheduling is taking forever considering that they can only service a few cars at a time.

When M3 comes out, this might be a big problem.

10. Firewired

Firewired Member

San Antonio - no local service, nearest is approx 90 min away. 3 - 4 week wait, no loaner only Enterprise.

11. st50maint

st50maint Member

Syossett, NY- 70D annual service- 5 week wait- Got a S85 loaner for 7 hours

12. DJ Frustration

DJ Frustration Model X Sig, Former Model S, Model 3 Res

These are helpful reports. Please keep them coming.

13. Mark Z

Mark Z Active Member

#13 Mark Z, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    My wait for service is usually less than a week at Buena Park.

Turn around in the early days of Model X was a few days.

The replacement of a falcon wing door seal and a top appliqué required a re-do. This job has taken seven weeks and waiting...

No loaner. Uber service provided so I can drive my 2012 Model S instead.

14. Dithermaster

Dithermaster Member

Service 1: First email 4/19, after some emails back and forth, first appointment offered on 4/26 for 5/4. No bad, but glad the car was still usable in the meantime (minor issues). PASS.

Service 2: First email 7/7, different Service Conceirge replied. Even after three follow-up emails still no appointment scheduled. FAIL!

15. Fliptrader

Fliptrader Member

I had a ranger come out to my work in San Diego. Replaced door handle that wouldn't unlatch. 1 week and a half to schedule. Done in one hour.

16. mblanshard

mblanshard Member

Raleigh, NC -> Bring it over whenever you want. Pretty much zero wait and same day service. Loaner offered but wasn't needed since I waited.

17. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Member

San Diego, 5 week wait for pre-paid annual service. Didn't need loaner as I scheduled for while we were on vacation so I wouldn't miss her so much. But that is too long a wait for a simple service appointment.