Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center Wait Times - Post Your Results

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DJ Frustration

Former Model X Sig, Model S, Model 3, Model Y
Jun 19, 2012
Miami, Florida
It may be of interest to the community to see a non-scientific sampling of real world wait times at various Service Centers. Please post your Service Center name, days you have had to wait after first call to actual service appointment, vehicle that is getting serviced, whether loaner was requested.

I've read concerns about Service Center overload between the Model S and X fleet. I've also read that people are hesitant to buy into the Tesla ecosystem because of these concerns. This survey will hopefully shine some light on whether there is a real problem or a first world problem. I hope it's not the case with the arrival of Model 3 in a year and a half.

Dania Beach, FL - 10 Day Wait - Model X Sig P90D - Loaner

• Helpful
Reactions: SureValla
As of July, it was 30 days for the Los Angeles Service Center (on Santa Monica). I was given a loaner over the weekend (P90D w/Lud).

It's definitely gotten worse; when I used to take my MS40 there all the time a while back and it would only be 2-3 day wait.

It is going to be interesting to see how Tesla deals with the massive influx of Model 3 which is only just over a year away. Do they plan on doubling the number of service stations? Are they doubling the size of current service stations? If so, they better move a little faster. Tesla is setting themselves up for big problems in the customer service department imho.

Had a chat with a relative that works at a tesla SC. The eay they operate is a team (consists of 3-4 techs) are working on a single car. Not the typical 1:1 that you typically see in non-tesla SC. This might be the reason why the scheduling is taking forever considering that they can only service a few cars at a time.

When M3 comes out, this might be a big problem.

My wait for service is usually less than a week at Buena Park.

Turn around in the early days of Model X was a few days.

The replacement of a falcon wing door seal and a top appliqué required a re-do. This job has taken seven weeks and waiting...

No loaner. Uber service provided so I can drive my 2012 Model S instead.

Last edited:
Service 1: First email 4/19, after some emails back and forth, first appointment offered on 4/26 for 5/4. No bad, but glad the car was still usable in the meantime (minor issues). PASS.

Service 2: First email 7/7, different Service Conceirge replied. Even after three follow-up emails still no appointment scheduled. FAIL!

I am encouraged by this section of the recent Q4 2016 Shareholder Letter where it states,

"We continue to evolve our service function as well. In Q4, we reduced service backlog in our busiest markets by 25%, and by year end we had increased the number of cars serviced per day by 45% since Q3’16, and by 95% since Q1’16. In fact, we are on track to reduce the global average wait time for vehicle service to less than one day by the end of the first quarter of 2017."

I'd be curious if anyone has noticed a decrease in wait time for vehicle service. I have not.

I am encouraged by this section of the recent Q4 2016 Shareholder Letter where it states,

"We continue to evolve our service function as well. In Q4, we reduced service backlog in our busiest markets by 25%, and by year end we had increased the number of cars serviced per day by 45% since Q3’16, and by 95% since Q1’16. In fact, we are on track to reduce the global average wait time for vehicle service to less than one day by the end of the first quarter of 2017."

I'd be curious if anyone has noticed a decrease in wait time for vehicle service. I have not.
I don't think I'd rely too heavily on the specifics of a shareholder letter from any corporation. Talk about alternative facts.

There was some other thread 2 days ago in the top list - the guy hit a curb at 5mph. Broke a steering strutt. Was told the Tesla garage in his area put a $13,500 price tag on the repair. The guy nearly fainted. Apparently the service centre was saying if one bits broken then all of the front wheel links (both sides and brakes etc have to be replaced - this means taking apart the whole front end of the car - hence the cost). For these kind of "services" the wait time seems to be 2-4 months! That Tesla is taking 2 months to release parts to the service/repair centres. Another guy damaged his whole front end, air-bags went off, but not structural to the Octagons. People thought he'd written the car off when the estimate went from $15k to $40k. The ridiculous over-inflated costs + ridiculous wait times are scaring me off getting my Model 3 !