Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center Wait Times - Post Your Results

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a bioweapon filter for my wife's X. I scheduled online; the appointment was 4-5 weeks out. That's fine, no hurry for a filter.

But because they can add the filter at my house, mobile service offered to come out in just over a week. It turned out to not happen on the scheduled day due to a misunderstanding, but then they were able to schedule replacement mobile appointment the next day.

I'm also told even if they can't do it by mobile service, if it's urgent they will call and offer an earlier appointment.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Sheesh... how things have changed.

Now it's 6 weeks+ to schedule service, you're not allowed to talk to humans anymore... have to use the App. If you do happen to get a human... they tell you "use the App!".

Yeh, I know... Model 3... "production hell" excuses... we'll all just pretend like Tesla got very drunk at a party, got knocked up and only had 9 months to prepare for the arrival of a new kid... 4th kid actually; but still lives on the wild side < rock it to 11 >... capacity planning is for suckas!

I've been saying for sometime Tesla needs a good COO to smooth out the operational hiccups.

Now it's 6 weeks+ to schedule service, you're not allowed to talk to humans anymore... have to use the App. If you do happen to get a human... they tell you "use the App!".

Yeah, this is customer disservice. I get a human on the phone, tell 'em I don't have a cellphone and my computer doesn't work, and they politely schedule the appointment for me. Tesla management remains spectacularly poor at understanding the basics of customer service, though it's better than at the worst times.

2017 S 100D
Devon, PA
Appointment request on iPhone app Sunday, offered Tuesday morning. Alignment, pump running when car is off.
Didn’t request loaner, started to work in showroom.
Mechanic discovered car needed an air suspension part they didn’t have.
Received S P85 loaner before noon.
Car was ready next day (Wednesday), returned loaner Thursday. Our car was washed.

Seamless and courteous experience.

Reactions: Spacemanspliff

Update: Mobile Ranger came out within a few days. Arrived early, good service. Hopefully they add Ranger service as a scheduling option in the 'App'.

2017 S 100D
Devon, PA
Appointment request on iPhone app Sunday, offered Tuesday morning. Alignment, pump running when car is off.
Didn’t request loaner, started to work in showroom.
Mechanic discovered car needed an air suspension part they didn’t have.
Received S P85 loaner before noon.
Car was ready next day (Wednesday), returned loaner Thursday. Our car was washed.

Seamless and courteous experience.

Thats good to hear. Ive actually noticed the customer service lot at Devon thinning out a bit.

Yeh, I know... Model 3... "production hell" excuses... we'll all just pretend like Tesla got very drunk at a party, got knocked up and only had 9 months to prepare for the arrival of a new kid... 4th kid actually; but still lives on the wild side < rock it to 11 >... capacity planning is for suckas!

shiz is outta control....so sick of their crap quality - crap repairs - idiots answering calls that have no idea what they're talking about

I bought the service contract when I bought the car. It says 12,500 miles or 1 Year. The girl who sold me the plan on day 1 was very clear that you can't come in at 12,501 and expect service so I made sure to get scheduled.

A couple days before my appointment I get cryptic text message saying "We can push out your appointment for you if you'd like." I ask about the mileage and am told it's not that big of a deal. Then they continue by saying "at one year for the X the only thing we might do is an alignment and that's only if there is evidence of uneven wear.

I knew they were reducing the schedule; but I'm still a bit shellshocked by how blunt they seem to be about not wanting folks to come in at all.

Nick