TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Service center was sold out of 14-50 adapter, fastest way to get one?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by massonron192, Dec 21, 2019.

1. massonron192

massonron192 Model 3 performance on order

What’s the fasted way to get a nema 14-50 adapter? My service center was sold out

2. axhoaxho

axhoaxho Member

How urgent is the situation? I think the Tesla website has it in stock.

I ordered something (a frunk mat) from the Tesla website lately, I received it in a few days.

Gen 2 NEMA Adapters

• Like x 1
  3. AZjohnInCA

AZjohnInCA Member

#3 AZjohnInCA, Dec 21, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    Agree, just order at Tesla.com. It is in stock

Gen 2 NEMA Adapters

4. m3-ricardo

m3-ricardo Member

online - got it in 3 days

5. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

I have never tried to get these from a SC. I don’t treat Tesla service centers like an ICE dealership when it comes to parts, perhaps because no one is available to talk to, ever. (Posted elsewhere about Elon needing to get an exec in charge of this.)

I always order online and get things ASAP.

6. RangerMac

RangerMac Member

Man that is awesome. Mine has not shipped and they do not respond to my emails. I finally drove back up to the Bellevue store and bought when they got a few in stock. I tried to cancel the online order but still nothing. I am sure I will get another shipped eventually.

7. massonron192

That’s what I’m worried about

8. BitchinCamaro

BitchinCamaro Member

I ordered mine online last week and had it within a few days. Now if they can only get me a VIN.

• Funny x 1
  9. RangerMac

RangerMac Member

I would order online ($35 is piece of mind) and then keep on your store and SA to let you know as soon as they come in.
    That is what I did

you can also pay like double for it on eBay or offerup and have them ship it. Everyone has them marked up.

10. Scrannel

Scrannel Member

I bought mine from my car delivery point in Marina del Rey, Ca. They seemed to have stock. Maybe a delivery point? Otherwise have ordered stuff from them online with good results.

11. BentheRed

BentheRed Member

12. kmstivers

kmstivers Member

Amazon prime? One day air

13. RangerMac

RangerMac Member

Well two days after canceling my order they shipped. I will have an extra one next week or so probably.

I would order it like I said and keep trying the delivery centers. Worst case you will have another one.

14. massonron192

Thanks everyone!

15. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

In the past Delivery Centers didn’t have any there. The Fremont DC had a small amount of t-shirts, jackets, coffee mugs etc. New buyers suggested they stock these at delivery locations and Tesla started doing this maybe just this quarter. Before that the NEMA 14-50s were part of the mobile charging kit.

In the past we decided to buy the corded mobile NEMA 14-50 connector to pretty much leave connected to our 14-50 outlet (avoid plugging in and out and causing wear) and was able to find one in stock at a Tesla Service Center. They said they only typically would stock one or two, but if people needed a 14-50 adapter and live near a Service Center worth a call I guess.