Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service center was sold out of 14-50 adapter, fastest way to get one?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have never tried to get these from a SC. I don’t treat Tesla service centers like an ICE dealership when it comes to parts, perhaps because no one is available to talk to, ever. (Posted elsewhere about Elon needing to get an exec in charge of this.)

I always order online and get things ASAP.

In the past Delivery Centers didn’t have any there. The Fremont DC had a small amount of t-shirts, jackets, coffee mugs etc. New buyers suggested they stock these at delivery locations and Tesla started doing this maybe just this quarter. Before that the NEMA 14-50s were part of the mobile charging kit.

In the past we decided to buy the corded mobile NEMA 14-50 connector to pretty much leave connected to our 14-50 outlet (avoid plugging in and out and causing wear) and was able to find one in stock at a Tesla Service Center. They said they only typically would stock one or two, but if people needed a 14-50 adapter and live near a Service Center worth a call I guess.