Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center - What a Journey

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my M3 which has been at the service center for the last three weeks.

Initially went to the SC for a rear glass stress crack (no orange) and popping sounds at low speeds. Picked up the vehicle a week later, they replaced the glass (no orange) and replaced one of the front struts.

Drove to work and back, and instantly went back to Tesla. The popping sound was still present and the new glass had massive distortion (straight line was jagged). Ended up leaving the car with them for two weeks.

Just picked up the car and they replaced the rear glass (I think it's the orange version!) and for some reason also the front glass (they mentioned there was a stress fracture...never noticed). They removed the battery and noticed some minor warpage on the floor board and added some insulation. Tesla also replaced the following parts:

FUCA Mount Right
FUCA Mount Left
Damper Assy Front Right Coil RWD E3
Damper Assy Front Left Coil RWD E3
FUCA MT Isolator RH
FUCA MT Isolator LH

Drove a few inches and the parking lot...popping sound is still there. Told them I was going to drive it for a few days and see. Disappointed that the sound is still there (low speed popping sound). However, A+ for effort from the SC (they said they can continue diagnosing it)

Anyways, just wanted to share. Excited to finally get the orange rear glass!