TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Service Center

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Chronic, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Chronic

Chronic Member

Does Tesla provide a replacement car for when your car is in for service?

2. Smiddy

Smiddy Supporting Member

From other posts I have seen it seems to depend on how long they are planning to have your car for and arranged when you get there. You might be able to give them a call before hand though and see what they can do. When I called the Tesla store in Cribbs about something else they gave me the number for the Bristol service centre.

3. TM3PTN

TM3PTN Member

It is on a case by case basis.

If they feel the work required will take most of the day they will ask you in the text messages if you require a courtesy car.

I was given a 2015 Model S, complete with a shedload of condensation on the inside of the windscreen (literally dripping off the screen!). Made me appreciate my car a hell of a lot more :)

4. Roy W.

Roy W. Supporting Member

They will either offer you a courtesy car, or give you Uber credits, depending on what you need.

If you definitely need a courtesy car I’d mention it in your booking request.

5. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK P plates

West Drayton is easy reach of transport to Hayes, Reading, London, New York and Australia et al.

I wasn't offered a courtesy car but decided I didn't want one with the excess' that people are saying. Easier to catch a bus to Heathrow.

• Funny x 1
  6. tess19

tess19 Member

Car booked in tomorrow. Is it always a Tesla courtesy car? Would hate it if they give me a Nissan Juke.

7. Cowpring

Cowpring Member

Pretty sure it's always a Tesla. Never heard of them giving out another car as a courtesy, even less so an ICE car.

• Like x 1
  8. CMc1

CMc1 Member

they gave me a Enterprise rental Mercedes C200 in September..

9. tess19

tess19 Member

You mean a 2010 Leaf or Zoe? :eek:

10. Cowpring

Cowpring Member

I guess Tesla don't have enough cars lying around so have to give out rentals. Oh well!

11. Aaronalex

Aaronalex Member

I got given a 100D Model S which was an enterprise rental. Didn't see other makes but guess if they are busy, they'll give you what enterprise have. The bloke before me when I booked in was given uber credits.

12. Turnberrydavid

Had a loaner both times my car was in to SC. Model S on each occasion. No complaints though excess is eye watering!

model 3P+ white/white. Picked up 27/09/19 Still like a new toy...... love it

13. tess19

tess19 Member

Just dropped off my 3P+ at the service centre. Do you guys put the car in valet mode when you drop it off? wondering if i should.....

14. KennethS

KennethS Member

I wouldn’t bother. It’s not like they haven’t driven them and will want to take it for a joy ride. Plus, I would imagine their service protocols give them full access to all settings and setup (including way more settings and diagnostics than the owner has routine access to).

15. Jason71

Jason71 Member

Excess is very high. Garage loaner excess insurance is available to buy pretty cheaply

16. tess19

tess19 Member

Got a model x 90d to drive until mine is fixed. Dirty but 100% charged. There was no damage check prior to delivery, no mention of excess or paper work to sign. Did not even get a copy of my driving licence. A big difference when i got a loaner from BMW and Audi where they went through the full works and charged me £10-20 for the previlege. So far so good.

17. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK P plates

They will have immediately put it in service mode I expect. And removed any USB stick - tip, if you can't find where they put it, look under the phone flap.

18. NorfolkMustard

NorfolkMustard Active Member

I turned off pin-to-drive after seeing it mentioned as an issue in a youtuber's videos.

NB - when in service mode the mobile app wont work and nor will teslafi be able to retrieve any data. One exception - when mine was in service mode I did receive app notifications in iOS when it was put on charge, but nothing showing in the app.

however, if you happen to be near the car when it's in service mode, the proximity open/close does still work so you can get in/drive/open boot/turn on heating etc. and you'll see an overlay on every screen in red text showing "Service Mode. Speed limited"

apparently ;)

19. Beady3647

Beady3647 Member

When mine was taken in on a flatbed recently due to what turned out to be a software update failure, I was given an Enterprise BMW Diesel:eek:. Next day found out that Enterprise had a model X so swapped them over. In the past I've always had a MS from the SC.

I would ensure that you tell them that you need a loan car and push them for a Tesla, even if it means waiting a couple of extra days for the appointment

20. tess19

tess19 Member

It is some time since I last drove the MX but jumping into the MX from the M3, a BIG difference. Feels really big on the UK roads and the regen braking is not as strong. Also need getting used to looking at the dashboard in front instead. Prefers the M3 side display but I guess it is what you get used to.
    But I do like the self opening/closing doors of the MX.