Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From other posts I have seen it seems to depend on how long they are planning to have your car for and arranged when you get there. You might be able to give them a call before hand though and see what they can do. When I called the Tesla store in Cribbs about something else they gave me the number for the Bristol service centre.

Does Tesla provide a replacement car for when your car is in for service?
It is on a case by case basis.

If they feel the work required will take most of the day they will ask you in the text messages if you require a courtesy car.

I was given a 2015 Model S, complete with a shedload of condensation on the inside of the windscreen (literally dripping off the screen!). Made me appreciate my car a hell of a lot more :)

Just dropped off my 3P+ at the service centre. Do you guys put the car in valet mode when you drop it off? wondering if i should.....
I wouldn’t bother. It’s not like they haven’t driven them and will want to take it for a joy ride. Plus, I would imagine their service protocols give them full access to all settings and setup (including way more settings and diagnostics than the owner has routine access to).

Got a model x 90d to drive until mine is fixed. Dirty but 100% charged. There was no damage check prior to delivery, no mention of excess or paper work to sign. Did not even get a copy of my driving licence. A big difference when i got a loaner from BMW and Audi where they went through the full works and charged me £10-20 for the previlege. So far so good.

I turned off pin-to-drive after seeing it mentioned as an issue in a youtuber's videos.

NB - when in service mode the mobile app wont work and nor will teslafi be able to retrieve any data. One exception - when mine was in service mode I did receive app notifications in iOS when it was put on charge, but nothing showing in the app.

however, if you happen to be near the car when it's in service mode, the proximity open/close does still work so you can get in/drive/open boot/turn on heating etc. and you'll see an overlay on every screen in red text showing "Service Mode. Speed limited"

apparently ;)

When mine was taken in on a flatbed recently due to what turned out to be a software update failure, I was given an Enterprise BMW Diesel:eek:. Next day found out that Enterprise had a model X so swapped them over. In the past I've always had a MS from the SC.

I would ensure that you tell them that you need a loan car and push them for a Tesla, even if it means waiting a couple of extra days for the appointment

It is some time since I last drove the MX but jumping into the MX from the M3, a BIG difference. Feels really big on the UK roads and the regen braking is not as strong. Also need getting used to looking at the dashboard in front instead. Prefers the M3 side display but I guess it is what you get used to.
But I do like the self opening/closing doors of the MX.