Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service centre courtesy car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a service centre appointment this month at Birmingham Digbeth for some minor faults from delivery, looking forward to it as I’m getting a courtesy car. Can I look forward to sub 3 seconds 0-60 in a P100D or even an X or will it be a heap of junk?

I had to ask for a curtesy car from Edinburgh (and indeed it was rescheduled with this in mind), lent a five year old model S, not locked into chill mode. Some minor cosmetic scuffs, told not to worry if I kerbed the wheels - but there was a £3000 excess on their insurance so be careful.

I got a Model S P75D two weeks ago. Clean but super dated feeling in comparison to the M3.

Definitely make sure you ask.

Also, make sure they've sent you the insurance form and you've sent it back (signed) along with a DVLA license check at least the day before the appointment otherwise they may not let you take the car...

I had a black S P100D unlocked from Digbeth on monday 1st while my passenger door alignment was adjusted.
It was reasonably clean but didn't smell to fresh and i didn't like it.
I'm tall at 6' 4" & couldn't get the seat position right, there wasn't enough rake for starters.
I did like the display in front of the steering wheel and the extra control stalks on the column. I would have liked the extra display and one of the stalks in my m3, but not to be.
I wouldn't swap it for my m3 if they paid me the difference in value!

You might be unlucky enough to get this beast from Digbeth. It was unlocked though and I liked the white seats!

Do make sure you ask, also there insurance excess is high so might want to cover on your own.

20200803_085224~2.jpg

I had a black S P100D unlocked from Digbeth on monday 1st while my passenger door alignment was adjusted.
It was reasonably clean but didn't smell to fresh and i didn't like it.
I'm tall at 6' 4" & couldn't get the seat position right, there wasn't enough rake for starters.
I did like the display in front of the steering wheel and the extra control stalks on the column. I would have liked the extra display and one of the stalks in my m3, but not to be.
I wouldn't swap it for my m3 if they paid me the difference in value!

I'm over 6ft 7in and fit in my S. I would like a tad more adjustment on the lumbar support though.

I currently have a P85D loaner from Digbeth. It was in Insane mode when I picked it up.

It's ok, clean but showing it's age - it has a whiff of 12 plate Avensis inside - I feel I should be doing airport runs.

Some odd quirks, no DAB, which for a tech driven brand seems a miss. Drives fine but I can see the years between it (2015) and my M3LR (2021). My wife prefers the M3.

Mine went in on Monday for N/S pillar cam, rattly arm rest and steering alignment - still showing as waiting for parts on my app......

Do make sure you ask, also there insurance excess is high so might want to cover on your own.

Yep. iirc excess was £2400 which we were going to notify the insurance company to temporarily cover but in the end didn't need the courtesy car. Insurers were happy to temporarily cover a courtesy car if given the details although first advisor was not clued up on it so arrange before needed then notify them of the details on collection.

I got an red X from Bristol on a 2017 plate for 3 days. Think it was locked in Chill but to be honest I didn't mind. I really liked it!

I wish the M3 had geeky things like auto presenting doors. Walking up to the car with the fob and the door just opening made me smile every time it happened. The Falcon doors were awesome.

When my first delivery was cancelled back in November 2019 due to the broken sound system in the car I was given a fully unlocked Model X 100. Ludicrous was fun :p
I was driving that around for a month till I got my 3. Since then on both my visits to the SC (Stockport) I was given the same 75D model S. First time locked in chill mode, second time nope. Didn't really liked it. Really slow screen my biggest annoyance.
Out of the three I must say that I really liked the X. But on some of the roads that I drive on daily basis I wouldn't dream using an X. When my 3 barely fits when a tractor is on the other lane; being in an X would make everyday a brown pants day:eek: