Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service centre expansion in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like Perth, Adelaide and Canberra are next off the line for service centres!

upload_2019-3-16_11-14-33.png

Perth's "new" service centre. Funny. Not.

upload_2019-6-6_11-24-20.png

The address given is McCarthy Prestige Panel and Paint, which Tesla have had a long standing agreement with. The actual location is 44 Government Road, Nedlands. I have a service appt at Richmond coming up, even though I'm in Perth, system error, and when I tried to change location to Nedlands I get an error as below.

Perth's "new" service centre. Funny. Not.

View attachment 416067

The address given is McCarthy Prestige Panel and Paint, which Tesla have had a long standing agreement with. The actual location is 44 Government Road, Nedlands. I have a service appt at Richmond coming up, even though I'm in Perth, system error, and when I tried to change location to Nedlands I get an error as below.
Same in Adelaide, our service centre has gone from ‘coming soon’ to now being gate 5 at tonsley. Our service centre is a gate.....
Tesla force their employee in Adelaide to work in an open air shed with no climate control, and to meet customers in the open at a nearby gate, rain, hail, or shine. It was ok as an interim solution, but not great long term. There isnt even a sign to help locate the gate.

Funny coming from a guy who has 2 service centres in his city. Drive to Clare, SA and keep heading west, crossing your fingers nothing goes wrong. When you hit the Indian Ocean you'll be like many of us in the West who have done the reverse to promote Tesla and EVs.
Glad you found it funny, I’m usually only amusing to myself.

Just the clarify the issue here with a bit of history; when I ordered a model S in 2014 I received a phone call from a reasonably high up Tesla employee offering congratulations, in conversation he told me that Perth would have a dedicated sales and service centre by early 2016, firstly I never asked the question, he offered up that information as if it needed to be said, secondly if he'd said Perth would never get a service centre I couldn't have cared less, all I cared about was getting my hands on an insane P85D. Now here's the issue, how many other potential owners in WA and South Australia have been told a dedicated service centre would be built in 2016, 2017,2018,2019? how many potential owners in Tasmania have been told they would be getting a solitary Supercharger? If Tesla Australia comms just came out and said sorry WA/SA/Tas your only 25% of the population so you get nothing that's life but continually leading potential owners along to grab a sale is poor behavior.
I would always recommend to another West Aussie to buy a Tesla but I'd also suggest they take anything promised to them by Tesla comms with a touch of doubt.

...but I'd also suggest they take anything promised to them by Tesla comms with a touch of doubt.

But I asked Elon a very specific question on Twitter Jays on Twitter and he said "OK". I know he didn't commit to a timeframe, Elon time or otherwise, but what Tesla Australia has done with the Perth and Adelaide service centre pin drops is incongruous.

I did see three other Teslas today in my travels (a record for a day in Perth driving around), two I hadn't seen before, so hopefully a flood of M3s in August will get us some long overdue Tesla Australia lovin'.

Reactions: baillies
Just the clarify the issue here with a bit of history; when I ordered a model S in 2014 I received a phone call from a reasonably high up Tesla employee offering congratulations, in conversation he told me that Perth would have a dedicated sales and service centre by early 2016, firstly I never asked the question, he offered up that information as if it needed to be said, secondly if he'd said Perth would never get a service centre I couldn't have cared less, all I cared about was getting my hands on an insane P85D. Now here's the issue, how many other potential owners in WA and South Australia have been told a dedicated service centre would be built in 2016, 2017,2018,2019? how many potential owners in Tasmania have been told they would be getting a solitary Supercharger? If Tesla Australia comms just came out and said sorry WA/SA/Tas your only 25% of the population so you get nothing that's life but continually leading potential owners along to grab a sale is poor behavior.
I would always recommend to another West Aussie to buy a Tesla but I'd also suggest they take anything promised to them by Tesla comms with a touch of doubt.

I believe QLD was in the same boat, IIRC LGGD was promised a QLD supercharger as part of the initial rollout and it was repeatedly pushed back every year till it finally arrived.

It looks like Perth, Adelaide and Canberra are next off the line for service centres!

View attachment 386812
Canberra Service Centre open, albiet incognito!

I've recently taken deliver of M3 LR and needed a minor fix. After calling I found that ACT service centre has opened, but is not yet on the app. I think they are flagging ACT addresses logging service through Sydney, but I'm just south of Canberra in NSW and they didn't. They've suggested putting in a comment requesting ACT centre when appointment requested through Alexandria. Might be useful for many people in the region to know.

Workshop entry on Spongolite St, corner of Tantalum St Beard. No signage up as yet (apparently arrived 2 days ago). Only give away was destination charger on the wall.