Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service centre flexibility?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My M3P goes in to Northampton service centre tomorrow morning for an annoying rear seat belt fault which keeps popping up. I rarely drive at night but did so recently and my headlights, while excellent on full-beam, seem to be adjusted too low on dipped beam, so that the stretch of road which is well illuminated is quite short. I wondered whether the service guys would look at the adjustment while the car is in tomorrow. So, the question (as this is the first time at a service centre for me) - are Tesla flexible enough to look at an additional item to what's booked in the appointment? Or do I need to book another appointment? I know headlights are user-adjustable but I don't have the real estate at home to get a proper distance between lights and wall.

You can add it to the appointment now, without changing the appointment date and time.

The app allows this. Just add a new service item for the lights.

Open existing service appointment - Mange appointment - services (drop down arrow at top) - select service - click new issue type.

All you can do is ask but I they can run a tight schedule.

Have you tried the headlight alignment while on a level surface? It seems the cars level the headlights after a software update and if you're not pretty level they are out, something to do with a level sensor on the rear suspension and something they don't have in the US.

Reactions: Durzel
Thanks George. My problem is my drive is on a slight slope else I would try and adjust them myself. I have managed to add the item to my appointment tomorrow morning now, via the app, but as the appointment is at 0845 it's giving them zero notice in effect. I'll see what happens!

Thanks for that. However, it won't add it to the existing appointment but only allows me to create a new appointment - perhaps because it's so close to the existing one?

Are you sure? It definitely allows it.

I know it's not intuitive, but it's always worked for me right up to the morning of the appointment.