Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service centre

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is booked into the Brooklands service centre on the 15th January. What is the protocol when there? Do they supply courtesy cars, provide transport, or do you have to wait? They are replacing the RHS wing camera which failed a couple of weeks ago but apparently they don't have any in stock because there has been a recall on them.

I was there in September, the waiting area was open then with seats and free tea, coffee, soft drinks, water, biscuits.

If the weather is nice and it's just an hour or two to kill there's a reasonable walk to be had up round Mercedes Benz World and the outside of the Brooklands Museum. Behind the Brooklands Community Park, a five minute walk, there's a fair bit of the old Brooklands track banking can be accessed.

As other's have mentioned, if you specifically want a courtesy car you need to get in touch and book one.

Note that for a courtesy car, Tesla insist on a £3000 excess or else add to your own insurance.

While I was waiting at my SC two weeks ago, one guy added a courtesy model S to his DL insurance at no additional premium but another had to pay DL £30 (both for one day, usual inconsistent insurance behaviour). A model X customer was trying out a courtesy Model 3 as a potential second car but the interior was filthy, full of litter, part eaten sandwiches & stank so he insisted Tesla valet it first. They did.

Another said he had used Tesla courtesy cars on several occasions - battered and filthy on handover but no checks when returning so he has no problem signing for the £3000 excess.

...I decided to take their offer of an Uber home & another back the next day even though they had a 2015 Model S if I wanted it.

I had a power fault indication on my M3LR and booked a service visit at Crawley in November. I asked at the time if the visit might be more than "while you wait" and when confirmed most likely I asked for a courtesy car and was quoted £60 per day (there was no mention of insurance). The service visit itself was quoted as £174 unless it turns out to be warrantee-able. Went in on a Thursday.

I was loaned a big black Model S which wouldn't safely fit my driveway so home-charging was out. The car was clean but had a low pressure warning on the front offside tyre. Used my own tyre pump to repressurise and clear the warning.
On the Friday I was told they wanted it over the weekend and asked if supercharging was ok - it was.

I didn't like the S - too cluttered compared to the 3 and sufficiently different to be awkward.
Took it back on Monday just before closing time, I was glad to get back in my Model 3.

Unfortunately they did not consider my power fault to be warranty work so stiffed me for £174 but on the plus side did not charge anything for the loaner.

I had a power fault indication on my M3LR and booked a service visit at Crawley in November. I asked at the time if the visit might be more than "while you wait" and when confirmed most likely I asked for a courtesy car and was quoted £60 per day (there was no mention of insurance). The service visit itself was quoted as £174 unless it turns out to be warrantee-able. Went in on a Thursday.

I was loaned a big black Model S which wouldn't safely fit my driveway so home-charging was out. The car was clean but had a low pressure warning on the front offside tyre. Used my own tyre pump to repressurise and clear the warning.
On the Friday I was told they wanted it over the weekend and asked if supercharging was ok - it was.

I didn't like the S - too cluttered compared to the 3 and sufficiently different to be awkward.
Took it back on Monday just before closing time, I was glad to get back in my Model 3.

Unfortunately they did not consider my power fault to be warranty work so stiffed me for £174 but on the plus side did not charge anything for the loaner.
What was your power fault and what did they do to fix it ? £174 seems harsh for a repair to a car still under warranty.

What was your power fault and what did they do to fix it ? £174 seems harsh for a repair to a car still under warranty.

The fault happened when a Hansshow boot lid lift motor kit was being installed. When complete the motor worked perfectly but a "will consume more energy" message was permanently displayed on the screen and the car would not go to sleep - permanently idling according to Teslafi. In addition, at first, the 12v 'cigar socket' also lost power.

After an hour or so the 'cigar socket' resumed power (it's a "soft" fuse) but even after both resets tried (brake and non-brake) there was no change in the fault message or failure to sleep. Tesla insisted that the boot motor be removed before they would even look at it describing it as "a third-party modification".

After Tesla fiddled with it they kept it for a few days "observation" then told me to collect it. All I could get from them was that they "reset something" - there was nothing replaced. They would not give any reassurance that the fault would not re-occur and, because of the "third-party" modification deemed it a non-warranty repair and charged the standard service fee of £174.

The boot motor was recently refitted with no alarms generated and is working perfectly again.

So, be careful with your "third party" additions to your car. They might affect how Tesla deal with any subsequent service visit.

Reactions: Realaustin
Note that for a courtesy car, Tesla insist on a £3000 excess or else add to your own insurance.

While I was waiting at my SC two weeks ago, one guy added a courtesy model S to his DL insurance at no additional premium but another had to pay DL £30 (both for one day, usual inconsistent insurance behaviour). A model X customer was trying out a courtesy Model 3 as a potential second car but the interior was filthy, full of litter, part eaten sandwiches & stank so he insisted Tesla valet it first. They did.

Another said he had used Tesla courtesy cars on several occasions - battered and filthy on handover but no checks when returning so he has no problem signing for the £3000 excess.

...I decided to take their offer of an Uber home & another back the next day even though they had a 2015 Model S if I wanted it.
I didn't realise an Uber was an option. I live two hours away from the service centre so 'popping home' isn't an option. An Uber to my daughter in North London might me an option though... I will definitely contact them though to find out what my options are. Thanks for the help.