Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service + Costumer Service issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am here in LA and went to the service department for my appointment. There has been a slight creak on the right side of the car that is driving me bananas since I got the car three weeks ago. Tried to reach my sales associate from Burbank no less than 5 times, and not a single call back. The tech was super nice, drove around with me and knew exactly what to do, it's a 15-20 minute job, and they see it often. He went inside to give the information. The service employee then informed me that they would need to keep my car for THREE days because of their backlog of cars and that they were holding back cars for families or someone who needed it more than me? I'm a front-line worker and immunosuppressed - do I need to prove this? I said I don't need to have the loaner car, but I would be glad to come back with my car when they can handle the service. No need to keep my car for three just to check something so minor. She wouldn't bend. She said she needs it for three days minimum and would try to get me to a service center an hour away to see if they could do a quicker turnaround. Has anyone ever had an experience like this? It has been horrible to say the least!

Just wait until CyberTruck comes online and even more people buy 3’s and Y’s along with the refreshed S…..oh and then the refreshed X and ……and……

By the way what/where was your creak? Those B Pillar seat belt tensioner points?

Ski

That does seem like a long time but they are busy... What I don't get is they offered you a loaner car and you are turning it down? Wouldn't that solve your issue?
Sorry, I shouldn't write this when I had a sleeping pill haha. I was saying to them that if they gave me it back to me in a day, I wouldn't really need the loaner and could just deal with a same day type service. But I would have loved a loaner. I tried - didn't qualify in their eyes. Ugh.

Just wait until CyberTruck comes online and even more people buy 3’s and Y’s along with the refreshed S…..oh and then the refreshed X and ……and……

By the way what/where was your creak? Those B Pillar seat belt tensioner points?

Ski
If you have any do it yourself vids, or tips, heck I'd try it. The tech said they were going to do the following (I wrote this down): check right side a-pillar and front headliner for anything loose. No idea what that means.

Pro life tip: don’t bring your car in for service just for minor things like creaks and rattles. Most often it’s a waste of time. This goes for any car from any manufacturer. Wait until you have several things to fix/service.
I usually am good with this kinda stuff, it's just driving me crazy because it's constant. And I spent so much hard earned money and saved for a year for this car. Alas, yes, avoiding that service center unless it is dire.

Burbank CA Tesla still doesn't provide loaners? I have an appointment tomorrow to fix a few things including this paint issue.

20210919_132209.jpg

Tesla need to make service as important as engineering. I cannot understand why the want people to leave their cars when they know they cant do the work for days. Surely it just adds to the chaos in the service center when they many times more cars in there than they are actually working on.

Dropped off my car at Burbank CA Tesla and they gave me a loaner. No one cleans the loaners so it had pet hair or people hair literally everywhere. My wife didn't want to get in the car because it was absolutely a mess inside. She said it looked like a portopotty and felt unsanitary inside. Thankful for the loaner, but they can do a better job at keeping the loaner clean. I mean come on. Jeez.