Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Department may refuse to fix rear seat alignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess your service advisor is saying your misaligned seats are WITHIN SPEC.

:rolleyes:

Took mine in for its 2nd service appointment within a month of ownership, when showed them the rear seats are misaligned he told me "just move them all the way back". I explained that is not a fix since in their default position they are misaligned, he said that they have been educating people to just move the rear seats all the way back because they are aligned then. Again explained that is not a fix and this defect should be resolved, he said they would take a look.

When I received my car back the invoice stated for the rear seats "Could not reproduce"

Asked my service advisor about why they said that when we clearly pointed it out during the appointment, SA said "We can revisit your sear alignment, this is all for documentation purposes, if needed to be addressed on your next visit we will do so"

This was at the Fremont Service Center down the road from the factory, picked it up from them a week ago. Have mobile service coming out next week to install the heat pump cover, going to ask them about the rear seat alignment issue.

"could not reproduce" and then tells you they'll revisit the issue on your next visit. That would make me feel like they're blowing me off and hoping I don't bring it up again on my next visit. :(

The responses from Tesla employees are so funny, in a pathetic way.
The vehicles are still afflicted with the most elementary issues, in 2020, Lol.
But, there are STILL way too many people who come here for the 1st time with their new purchase, telling us of the problems that their car was delivered with, totally oblivious to the crappy level of QC of Tesla (it's within spec!!). That's why Tesla doesn't care and is not gonna do a damn thing. If the poor QC of Tesla is more widely known, there wouldn't be so many buyers with remorse. They were drawn in by all the overpromises and are confronted with the under-deliver reality. If there's no line of people waiting to buy, then Tesla will pay attention to QC. As it is, if someone rejects a car, the next uninformed person in line will step right up.

"could not reproduce" and then tells you they'll revisit the issue on your next visit. That would make me feel like they're blowing me off and hoping I don't bring it up again on my next visit. :(

Oh for sure, the tech that initially talked to me at time of visit was completely uninterested in even looking at the issue, continued to tell me to just recline the seats. I still intend to have this factory defect resolved.

@CaliX FYI steering wheel fix is a full realignment. I thought it was just remove and reset wheel. Took them a good hour with my car just for the steering being off. Is yours also off to right on the display when lane keeping? Even the display showed the steering wheel alignment off for me.

Darn, just had mine aligned. It would have been funny to seen the little steering wheel icon uncentered.

All is well now. Car and steering wheel straight as an arrow.

Took mine in for its 2nd service appointment within a month of ownership, when showed them the rear seats are misaligned he told me "just move them all the way back". I explained that is not a fix since in their default position they are misaligned, he said that they have been educating people to just move the rear seats all the way back because they are aligned then. Again explained that is not a fix and this defect should be resolved, he said they would take a look.

When I received my car back the invoice stated for the rear seats "Could not reproduce"

Asked my service advisor about why they said that when we clearly pointed it out during the appointment, SA said "We can revisit your sear alignment, this is all for documentation purposes, if needed to be addressed on your next visit we will do so"

This was at the Fremont Service Center down the road from the factory, picked it up from them a week ago. Have mobile service coming out next week to install the heat pump cover, going to ask them about the rear seat alignment issue.

When you went in for service at Fremont, did you need/receive a loaner vehicle? Wondering what to expect, as I have read that they do not provide loaners at all any more...

When you went in for service at Fremont, did you need/receive a loaner vehicle? Wondering what to expect, as I have read that they do not provide loaners at all any more...

Without asking I was offered a loaner, though I actually did need one because a live a little over an hour away from the Service Center. From the looks of it, the Fremont Service Center is giving out loaners via Enterprise.