Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Disconnect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I searched and could only find references to pulling the service disconnect, but not how to actually reach in there and do it. Can someone explain to me how they got their hand & arm back there to pull it out? My hands aren't that big and I can't for the life of me reach it. Is there a trick?

I have very thin arms and if you disconnect the thing that holds up the trunk I have no problem reacing it. You need to remove a "metal clip" to disconnect it.

The outer part (see inside blue line in picture) of the service disconnect plug fell off and could be broken (I didn't break it myself).
The service disconnect plug is connected in my Roadster.

Problem: I try to fasten the part that is loose and pull the plug with all the power I have, but I can still not get the service disconnect plug out. Is there some magnetic stuff that is enabled that I must disable? Any advice to remove the plug?
(The guy that broke the plug told me he used a pliers to remove the plug)

I assume the "outer part" that you are referring to is the loop or lever of the disconnect. It must be lifted to point straight out, as it is actually part of the latching mechanism that secures the plug. You can't remove it otherwise, as the pin attached to the lever gets locked into a groove in the housing.
SAM_4137.JPG

• Helpful
Reactions: lmore
You will need to remove the lever part and make sure that there are no pieces left inside the housing that would still lock it in place. Then use a pliers to pull it straight out. Unless you can repair the lever so that it locks the disconnect in place you will probably have to replace it. You don't want it to fall out when you hit a bump. The lever also forces the connections together when you push it down.

The service disconnect plug is getting harder and harder to pull out (I still have thin arms so I don't have to remove the wheel and don't use plier, but have to pull with my hand several times with full power to get it out).
Is there a way to make it slide more easy?

I have just tried to wiggle around with my finger inside the latching mechanism (pointing out) and eventually it comes out easily - I have had occasions where it has been difficult but has always come out eventually - do not use too much force and do not used pliers. Be careful with the latching mechanism...without it seated the car won't go anywhere and you will have to buy another 1 from Tesla...€155 + transport...

I assume the "outer part" that you are referring to is the loop or lever of the disconnect. It must be lifted to point straight out, as it is actually part of the latching mechanism that secures the plug. You can't remove it otherwise, as the pin attached to the lever gets locked into a groove in the housing.
View attachment 270579

Hello , I search to buy this Part , can you give me a Number and a Make .....