Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service during COVID-19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car is about to go in for service. Is Tesla still issuing Uber credits or will they offer a loaner?
Uber cost is $58.00 one way for my daily commute. Will they compensate this entire cost?

I appreciate the advice.

In my experience, they only offer $100/day in Uber credits. I suspect if they have a loaner available, they’ll give you a loaner instead of Uber credits.

With that said, I dropped my car in for service on Saturday without an appointment (the app would’ve allowed me to schedule a Monday appointment, but they’re technically not open on Saturday). My MCU failed, so I think that may have allowed them to treat me as more of an urgent request. At any rate I was given a loaner without question, and I got the sense that they weren’t hurting for loaners. My guess is that COVID-19 may have reduced service demand as owners are less likely to bring their cars in for less serious needs, but my guess is, of course, entirely anecdotal.

The answer to this is likely to be different for each Service Center. I took my car in early on (late March) and although they had loaners available, they weren't using them anymore due to not wanting to try to clean them / sanitize them between uses. They opted for Uber credits.

Doesn't hurt to try to call or text your Service Center prior to your visit to understand their policy.

Update, They provided a loner car and said since COVID 19 they have been trying to provide loaner vehicles to everyone.

They suited me with a nice P90D
E717BB31-27D2-4204-B85D-B585122CB094.jpeg

Reactions: dark cloud
Honestly this is not acceptable. At LEAST offer me a car rental. I would even pay! Now I have to do all the legwork. But to offer me $100 in credits to go in an Uber during the COVID pandemic is wrong. What is their problem with loaners? I saw a tweet back in February where Elon Musk said he was fixing the loaner issue. Obviously not