Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service-ervaringen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm fine if you don't want to do standard routine maintenance but then why I can schedule an appointment for Tire rotation in the app?
Like you rejected updating my maps you can reject rotating my tires by telling me "sorry we are overloaded and we can't do that at the moment, just go to a Tire shop"
I also have data that shows tires rotation is necessary: it's the amount of mm of rubber left on the back tries compared to the front ones and my plans for the winter.

I guess I asked to much by doing something that they never do (as said above due to price), I was ok to combine one visit and pay a bit more instead to have to handle to separate things. My personality and my struggling in Dutch cause doing these things pretty difficult for me, so I'm ok to pay a bit more and have to do all in one appointment.

I also have data that shows tires rotation is necessary: it's the amount of mm of rubber left on the back tries compared to the front ones and my plans for the winter.
I'm unclear... Did you just take Tesla's answer and didn't object to them, to then complain on a forum, or did you push back on their answer? Did they give you an indication on when it would be a better time to rotate tires?

I don't think "too much work" is a valid excuse, neither for them but also for you. It's not even half an hour but again with Tesla's tarriffs I wonder why you wouldn't go to a local tire shop who do these things for 1/4th of Tesla's price.

I'm unclear... Did you just take Tesla's answer and didn't object to them, to then complain on a forum, or did you push back on their answer? Did they give you an indication on when it would be a better time to rotate tires?

I don't think "too much work" is a valid excuse, neither for them but also for you. It's not even half an hour but again with Tesla's tarriffs I wonder why you wouldn't go to a local tire shop who do these things for 1/4th of Tesla's price.
When arrived the guy told me it's not necessary, I replied I would like to have it since there is no much rubber left, he then stated about data shows that it's is not necessary.

At the moment I was already pissed off that I thought the same, I will just find a tire shop somewhere and not fight more.

So... first time experience with Tesla Service, and first time (expected) bitter in my mouth... This is at Tesla Den Haag
My recently bought used Model3 had some very worrying cracking noises when moving the steering wheel at slow speed or standing still (while parking for example). Since my rear tires are also done and I wanted to rotate them in order to finish the summer season and put new winter tires on next October.
Since I'm still driving with 2019 Maps while the forum here is getting 2021 since May, I also mentioned that in the service.

First free appointment 2 weeks after at 9, I bring my 3 to the Service Center.
The guy welcomes me with the following (car is parked outside, no one checked it yet)
- Maps are up to date there is nothing we can do
- Data shows that there is no need to rotate tires
- The cracking sound is known and they will service the car for that.

Being told that they will keep the car for the whole day and I would got a message when ready. No offer to loan cars. I ask how I can back home since I was expecting to do only a check this time and they point me to the nearby tram station.
Middle of the day I got a SMS and I come back to pick up: there is no need to change parts but they lubricated and it's good to go.
While slowing moving out of the parking, the car makes the same exact noise.

Now, I'm working from home and I have no problem to lose some time traveling for this kind of repairs, I can catch up with work earlier or later.
but here I basically wasted my whole day for no resolution, plus the ridiculous Elon's style answer that data shows I don't need to rotate tires just makes me laugh. Just tell me they don't have time to do that and send it to a tire shop, what the hell!

Since I've been told that is still ok to drive even with the noise, I will ask again to check the sound next time I will need service and being a bit more pushy, but I really hope that Tesla will invest properly in their service experience for the long run, the moment Berlin starts pushing out thousands of cars, things can only go worse from here...
That is sad to read. I must say that fortunately my experience with Tesla Den Haag is good so far. But reading your experience I would recommend you to visit T Service Hoofddorp. The gentlemen of that company give you a free first diagnosis of the car and will listen to all your complains and wishes. They can make a lot possible in terms of solutions. It is worth to try. Your first visit will cost you only your time. If you want more info, please do not hesitate to ask me questions.

Ik heb Tesla’s service mogen ervaren bij hun garage in Amsterdam en Purmerend.

Tesla Amsterdam:
Doet het noodzakelijke. Mijn auto heeft daar 4 weken gestaan ivm defecte motor. Slechte communicatie over voortgang, het defect en de oorzaak. Bij inleveren van de auto gevraagd of ze ook even naar het zonnescherm wilde kijken wat niet goed past. Kleinigheidje, zouden ze doen maar uiteindelijk niet gedaan. Na 4 weken de auto opgehaald, defecte motor onder garantie vervangen. In de tijd dat mijn auto in de garage stond kon ik gebruik maken van een leenauto (oude Model S). Service was functioneel maar geen beleving.

Tesla Purmerend:
Twee weken nadat auto terug was uit garage van Amsterdam, weer naar garage voor aantal kwaliteitsproblemen. Ik kon snel terecht bij Purmerend. Auto zou ik dezelfde dag weer terug hebben, op mijn verzoek kreeg ik toch een leenauto (oude, beschadigde Model S). Uiteindelijk was mijn auto niet dezelfde klaar. Hierover werd slecht (niet) gecommuniceerd en heb ik zelf achteraan moeten bellen. Bij het ophalen van de auto kreeg ik duidelijke toelichting over wat er gedaan was aan de gemelde problemen, welke stappen ze extra genomen hebben voor problemen die ze nu (nog) niet konden oplossen en welk onderhoud er preventief was uitgevoerd (om krakende draagarmen te voorkomen, hierover is een bulletin van Tesla uitgegaan). Service was hier meer dan alleen functioneel en ook een (zeer) prettige beleving. Wanneer de auto weer naar de garage moet kies ik voor Purmerend.

Waarschijnlijk kan je de gedachte van Wouter al voorspellen. Je bent nu net 3 dagen een lid en hebt een een Model S van 2015. We weten verder niets van je. Nu pas lid met die auto is mogelijk, maar geeft eerlijk gezegd ook terechte reden tot twijfel omdat het eerste bericht die je maakt gelijk lovend over T Service hoofddorp is.
Dank voor de toelichting. Ik kan me er goed iets bij voorstellen. Ik rijd helaas niet sinds 2015 in een Tesla. Ik ben sinds niet zo heel lang geleden trotse eigenaar van deze auto geworden. Ik heb het als occasion overgenomen, daarvoor nooit een Tesla gehad. Vandaar dat ik nu pas lid ben geworden van dit forum. Door mijn enthousiasme ben ik helemaal vergeten wat over mijn achtergrond te vertellen. Ik heb dan ook gebruik gemaakt van Wooter zijn tip om dat te doen, zie daarvoor "Even voorstellen" voor wat meer achtergrond.

Enige tijd na de aanschaf bleek dat de auto aardig aan onderhoud toe was. Ondanks de tegenvaller ben ik nog steeds even blij met de auto. T Service Hoofddorp heeft mij met deze tegenvaller geholpen vandaar het lovende bericht vanuit mijn oprechte ervaring. Hopelijk neemt dit bericht en mijn bericht op "Even voorstellen" de twijfels weg over mijn account en mijn eerste bericht.

En dat hoeft geen probleem te zijn. Ik adviseer iedereen die meeleest gewoon om hier rekening mee te houden.

Verder zijn nieuwe bezoekers altijd welkom om zich verder voor te stellen in Even voorstellen...
Thanks voor de link! Ik wist niet dat de topic "Even voorstellen" bestond en uit enthousiasme was ik helemaal vergeten iets te vertellen over mijn achtergrond. Ik heb in "Even voorstellen" een bericht geplaatst. Hopelijk neemt dat mogelijke twijfels weg over mijn account en mijn eerste bericht.

Weer een ervaring rijker met Tesla service. Deze keer betreft het Mobile service.
  1. Monteur vriendelijk en behulpzaam.
  2. Blijkbaar hoort de monteur kort van te voren te bellen. Heeft hij niet gedaan omdat hij mijn nummer niet had (geen probleem omdat ik thuis was en geen verwachting had gebeld te worden. Wel blijkt dit kenmerkend te zijn voor de slechte informatievoorziening)
  3. De monteur blijkt niet de juiste informatie te hebben ontvangen over het door hem te verhelpen defect en (daardoor?) ook het verkeerde onderdeel meegekregen waardoor probleem niet door hem opgelost kan worden.
  4. Ik moet zelf weer een nieuwe afspraak maken via de Tesla app. Echter is een mobile service afspraak maken is niet mogelijk en moet via de dealer. Hierdoor weer achteraan in de rij en dus weer ruim een week wachten.
  5. Verder blijkt dat, in tegenstelling tot wat de monteur vertelde, de onderhoudshistorie niet te zien in de Tesla app of via de website. Hierdoor is het niet mogelijk te refereren aan het te verhelpen defect en het benodigde onderdeel. Wederom iets om zelf achteraan te zitten bij de dealer en te zorgen dat ze de juiste onderdelen hebben.
  6. Vervolgens krijgt mijn vrouw een feedback verzoek over de Tesla dienstverlening, terwijl de auto, de serviceafspraak etc allemaal op mijn naam staan en vanuit mijn account zijn geïnitieerd…
Ik begrijp dat het niet altijd soepel loopt. Tegelijkertijd moet ik constateren dat de rode draad in mijn Tesla service ervaring de ronduit slechte communicatie is, zowel naar de klant als ook binnen de service organisatie. Erg jammer en mijns inziens onnodig.