Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service - finally getting the best of me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been a supporter of Tesla from day one. I have owned 3 Model X’s - my most recent being a 2022 Model X that I waited a long time for.
Love the car - but it came with a few minor paint issues. I have tried to give Tesla service the benefit of the doubt - however I think I am done. Once they return my vehicle - I am going to sell it and move on.
The lack of communication by the service folks - along with having to Text back and forth is just too discouraging. Only after several attempts I have learned they haven’t even started my car after having it for over a week. Not only that - they said that it could be weeks before they can get to it. I asked to get my vehicle back and will bring it back when they are ready. Was told - it has to be in service mode - because it is warranty work. They have me in some small Jeep as a loaner.
Just frustrating- but it might just be time to move on. I am concerned that as they continue to sell more cars and don’t improve their service - that it will affect their long term profitability. Maybe time to also take the hit and sell the stock as well.

Sad to say, but welcome to the new Tesla service Era. I'm afraid you can find many hundreds of threads here all decrying the hubris and lack of customer care that Tesla now gives. If it's any consolation most of this comes from corporate (local people not allowed to talk to customers, scheduling practices, etc).

I believe, like many, that this all flows from Elon's inability to emphasize, or really feel much emotion at all. Probably was necessary to lift this company off the ground, but a detriment now. Especially as his ego seems to have grown faster than his companies. Along with his Draconian control of everything he can control.

I have been a supporter of Tesla from day one. I have owned 3 Model X’s - my most recent being a 2022 Model X that I waited a long time for.
Love the car - but it came with a few minor paint issues. I have tried to give Tesla service the benefit of the doubt - however I think I am done. Once they return my vehicle - I am going to sell it and move on.
The lack of communication by the service folks - along with having to Text back and forth is just too discouraging. Only after several attempts I have learned they haven’t even started my car after having it for over a week. Not only that - they said that it could be weeks before they can get to it. I asked to get my vehicle back and will bring it back when they are ready. Was told - it has to be in service mode - because it is warranty work. They have me in some small Jeep as a loaner.
Just frustrating- but it might just be time to move on. I am concerned that as they continue to sell more cars and don’t improve their service - that it will affect their long term profitability. Maybe time to also take the hit and sell the stock as well.
Just had this happen to me - man my story is identical to yours brother. I feel like we have all been let down. I will say one thing - having worked now for two Silicon Valley major tech companies I believe Elon and Tesla have disconnected themselves from their consumers. There quite literally is NO Voice of the Customer. Unfortunately the Tesla groups only serve to minimalize anything Tesla has to fix and simply has happy ears and worships Tesla. That is bad for all of us and will boomerang to Tesla. Ultimately these fanboys will grow up and have families and realize that if Tesla doesn't care whether we buy their cars, because they think they are "too good" for anyway and just take it or leave it consumer - they will never change. It is so sad too as I feel the engineering is best out there from watching Munro who is AMAZING.

Sad to say, but welcome to the new Tesla service Era. I'm afraid you can find many hundreds of threads here all decrying the hubris and lack of customer care that Tesla now gives. If it's any consolation most of this comes from corporate (local people not allowed to talk to customers, scheduling practices, etc).

I believe, like many, that this all flows from Elon's inability to emphasize, or really feel much emotion at all. Probably was necessary to lift this company off the ground, but a detriment now. Especially as his ego seems to have grown faster than his companies. Along with his Draconian control of everything he can control.
Yes - my mistake is I just underestimated his level of control. Maybe he is surrounded with yes men and women who fear firing? Maybe Munro can explain Voice of the Customer.

Reactions: henderrj