TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Service for Service's Sake?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by BobbyMartin, Oct 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. BobbyMartin

BobbyMartin Member

So I bought a used 2012 P85 Model S from a dealership down in Tampa last month. I'm not really sure what kind of warranty is left on the vehicle or what's available to me in terms of service.

What I do know is that I normally live and work in Florida and the closest service center to me is in Atlanta. This month I'm working in Maryland and I have three SCs that are within an hour's driving distance.

Can I just call a service center to have them check the vehicle out and look for things wrong or potential failures? For lack of a better term, do SCs do inspections? The last thing I want is to have a problem when I'm not around a SC that might have been identified while I was in relatively close proximity to several.

2. Max*

Max* Banned

Most of the service centers have a wait time to get a slot. I'm not sure if they'll do an inspection for a car that's out of warranty (unless it has the extended warranty), but you could pay them to do one of the annual services.

They'll go through it with a fine tooth comb, but many people say they're mostly unnecessary and overpriced -- Maintenance Plans