TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Service if tesla goes bankrupt within six months

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by wassenberg, Aug 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. wassenberg

wassenberg Member

What about the service on our model s when tesla not makes it in "next crutial six months" ?

Does the computer in the car still gets update's ? What if there is an software problem ?

what if.....what if.....

2. wassenberg

wassenberg Member

Service when tesla goes bankrupty in the next six months ?

What about the service on our model s when tesla not makes it in "next crutial six months" ?

Does the computer in the car still gets update's ? What if there is an software problem ?

what if.....what if.....

3. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

While perhaps a reasonable question to ask in a thread, this does not amount to an appropriate wiki article.
    Moved.

4. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

If Tesla goes belly up we end up with a bunch of cars that are collectors items. Prolly not the best daily drivers tho.

5. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

What if the plant in Fremont burns to the ground?
    What if what if what if.

Probably shouldn't buy if you are truly worried about this.

6. wassenberg

wassenberg Member

I am not worry about it, elon mentions it in a article

7. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

#7 Larry Chanin, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
    Ask the Delorean owners. :wink:

Sounds like you don't have the temperment to be an early adopter. That's okay, just wait until you are comfortable.

Larry

8. dmckinstry

dmckinstry Model S - U.S. P - #1649

We don't have to worry. The world comes to an end within 6 months. :wink:

9. goyogi

goyogi Member

It is a risk. I feel comfortable that they will make it. I was in the same boat a year ago and then saw what they were doing at the factory and decided to go for it. It's no rinky dink experiment. They have the orders to make it financially and at the current rate I think they'll sell out all of next year as well. The question comes in if they can ramp up and maintain quality in the next 6 months.

10. medved

medved Member

There is no way Tesla will bankrupt, as long as Elon is there. You need to do a little more research on Elon Musk.

11. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Well, the universe IS expanding. I hadn't heard the six months figure. I may not get my Model X in time. :(

12. Eumox

Eumox Member

I know the thought when I fall into a somber mood. But since ~2009 I am increasingly convinced that TESLA will go on and change the world. No doubts left.
    I just make a confession now (due to this thread already started): I always thought (before ~2008) that Elon Musk's life must be really endangered. In my opinion there were uncountable people killed in oil-related wars/"business" in the past decades (where destruction of whatsoever never was no obstacle). I thought that TESLA/the men behind it - as a threat to the same "business field" (mighty ennemies) - must be in high danger.
    Sometimes I still think that there must be some evil dudes who are hopping mad now that they overlooked what was nascent there. TESLA could have been stopped at past times.

13. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Even if Tesla doesn't make it financially through the next six months - and I think it will - there's no way everything they have done will be thrown into the dustbin. There is far too much value there. Someone will purchase it. Probably Daimler.

14. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Responding to the title of the thread alone...

Perhaps someone has a collation of links that might help the OP and others get a feel for "what is servicing like for owners of vehicles produced by manufacturers that have since closed their doors". Tucker, Delorean and Saab owner stories might provide an interesting spectrum of "owner life" a couple years from now.

15. joefee

joefee Over 2 Million TMC page views

+1 or many other of the big 5 for 50 per share !

16. Grendal

Grendal Active Member

"The next six months for Tesla are going to be tough. I think six months from now, we'll know whether it will survive or not. And I think it will. But the next six months will determine that."

Elon's word is good enough for me. This is in the same statement that's causing all the fuss. He's just a brutally honest person and it's what makes him a very good CEO.

17. strider

strider Active Member

Toyota or MB will buy them if they get into trouble. Toyota can't have a bunch of RAV4-EV's on the road w/ no way to repair them.

18. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

That's a good one. :D

19. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

Toyota can write off the tiny Rav4EV population out of pocket change.

20. mitch672

mitch672 Active Member

Considering what Tesla has already been through since inception, and the fact the gross margin will be much better since they manufacture most of the Model S in house (to quote Elon: "raw materials such as rolls of sheet metal enter one end of the plant and finished cars roll out the other end"). As long as they can manufacture the Model S for their projected costs, they have no issue, and the cars quality is good, and no serious issues pop up. I am confident in Tesla.

Full disclosure: I am a shareholder (long on TSLA)

Mitch