Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service in BC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks,

I'm in Vernon BC. It's bit of a trek to either Vancouver or Calgary for service so I have a number of questions...

1. How does mobile service work? I booked through the app and it got me to list both a mobile service location and pick a service centre. I got an email for the service centre appointment. Does that mean no mobile service?
  2. What are Tesla's rates? While it's really cool to book service through an app, I have no idea what this is going to cost due to that convenience.
  3. Do they give out loaner vehicles? My appointment is on a Friday afternoon and I don't know how long it will take (again, app cool, but...). Do they work on Saturdays too? Am I expected to hang around Vancouver?
  4. Is there any way to request only mobile service?
I believe all but one of my requests can be done by mobile service (delivery issues like loose panels, scratches, dull paint). Only thing that I think needs a shop is the wheel alignment, which I could get any local shop to do (the hope is that this corrects my AP left-hugging issues).

Thanks in advance for any responses!

I had a couple cosmetic delivery issues on my M3 that I notified Tesla of immediately. My service center (Bellevue WA) gave me an appointment 3 weeks out since they had to get the replacement parts in first. Once I brought my car in they gave me a free loaner.

I checked the app periodically and could see my car was done being worked on after about a week, but the SC was so backed up it took them another week just to take my loaner back... even though I was calling them and leaving them voicemails every few days...

That said, my loaner was a P85D so it was fun for a bit, though I eventually wanted my M3 back because the S is too big for me :p
When I did return the loaner, there were a bunch of other folks at the SC who wanted loaners but I heard the agents saying loaners were all checked out. They were offered a rental car from a third party or Uber credits as an alternative.

re: costs - if it is purely delivery issues and you notified them in the proper time frame then it should all be covered. Not sure what their rates are since I've only had work done under warranty and have never been charged for anything.

I've had mobile service twice, at Tesla's discretion, they came to my business during business hours and it was a breeze. But the mobile service was for easy/small things like key cards. So not sure if you can request it specifically since it depends on what service is needed - maybe try requesting and report back if you were successful?

Hi folks,

I'm in Vernon BC. It's bit of a trek to either Vancouver or Calgary for service so I have a number of questions...

1. How does mobile service work? I booked through the app and it got me to list both a mobile service location and pick a service centre. I got an email for the service centre appointment. Does that mean no mobile service?
  2. What are Tesla's rates? While it's really cool to book service through an app, I have no idea what this is going to cost due to that convenience.
  3. Do they give out loaner vehicles? My appointment is on a Friday afternoon and I don't know how long it will take (again, app cool, but...). Do they work on Saturdays too? Am I expected to hang around Vancouver?
  4. Is there any way to request only mobile service?
I believe all but one of my requests can be done by mobile service (delivery issues like loose panels, scratches, dull paint). Only thing that I think needs a shop is the wheel alignment, which I could get any local shop to do (the hope is that this corrects my AP left-hugging issues).

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Last time I talked with the BC mobile service group (January 2019?), I was told that the tech was in Kelowna every other Tuesday. They were renting space at Prestige collision for the work. I assume that they are in other towns on other days. Appointments are made in advance.

Years ago Tesla spent a couple of days at Tirecraft showing the staff how to do wheel alignment on Teslas.

A lot of things change quickly with Tesla, so it would be best to get in touch with them to find out what they are currently doing.

It's a different story in Vancouver. I have cosmetic issues that needs to be fix but I've waited about a month for a reply. The delivery adviser said that there is a wait to get it repair at the body shop and they will notify me when it's my turn. It's been another 2 weeks now and I haven't heard back from them at all.

The mobile team, on the other hand, is a lot nicer to work with. You can book an appointment through the app,