TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Service in Michigan

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by RyanF, May 20, 2019.

1. RyanF

RyanF Member

Question for fellow Tesla owners in MI. According to Chat Support, to attempt to schedule a ranger to come out to look at your vehicle you are supposed to schedule an appointment in the app and then note your request for a mobile tech. Has anyone been successful with this?

I scheduled a service appointment, through the app as instructed, several days ago and have heard nothing. I tried calling but now I get these automated prompts that circle you back to chat support. With this appointment coming up I don't want to tie up a spot that someone else could use as I'm not driving from Grand Rapids to Toledo.

Seems like previously when I had to call service I could always get to a person, after 20 - 30 minutes anyways. Last issue I had wasn't a big deal, just an annoying rattle coming from the cell phone tray in my Model 3. Guy on the phone originally wanted to ship my car to Cleveland and I had to tell him how that made no sense. Was an easy fix for mobile service.

2. RGloverii

RGloverii Member

I have always just called Cleveland for service and they would dispatch the Ranger. Now with Toledo online, I'm not sure what the procedure is anymore...

3. IT Geek

IT Geek Member

I've not used the app to schedule service since they added that feature. Well...actually I did use the app, but I was travelling in North Carolina and then I looked up where the nearest service center was and I was in the same town...so I just drove over there. :)

Much easier that way...

I know they want to push more things "online" to increase efficiency...but with Toledo just opening up there might be a need to make a few calls to get an understanding of the procedure.

4. dabbler

dabbler Member

I have been to the Toledo SC a few times in the past week. They have only been in the building for the past 3 weeks. Still getting set up and moved in. The tech there indicated that they prefer we use the app. He walked me through the process and it seemed easy. The Range Service is still available in the Michigan market.

• Informative x 2
  5. DirtyT3sla

DirtyT3sla Member

I just use the app, select the "michigan service" option, and then they change it to a mobile appointment for me. There is no "mobile service" option that I can find.

• Informative x 1
  6. RyanF

RyanF Member

Where is the Michigan service option in the Tesla App?

7. DirtyT3sla

DirtyT3sla Member

Go through the steps, when you get to the "location," click edit and select Toledo/Michigan (that's actually a new option...it used to be Cleveland-Lyndhurst (Michigan Service) or something like that).

• Informative x 2