Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service in Michigan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I bought my MX I was told I would have valet service on my car if mobile service couldn't do the job. I live North of Traverse City near Petoskey. All Tesla owners in my area are upset that a salesperson promised valet service in our area to encourage us to buy, and now only a year later, we are being screwed. It's a 5 or 6 hour drive oneway to Toledo and it was even longer to Cleveland when that was my original service center. Tesla needs to rethink this issue and reinstate valet service. I bought 4 years of Annual Maintenance to ensure this service and now that seems worthless too.
I have written the Governor of Michigan, and she wrote back that it's not her problem, contact your state representatives in the house and Senate. I forwarded her note to my representatives and asked for their support for sales and service by Tesla in Michigan. All of which is irrelevant to the issue of service for Northern Michigan. At best if Tesla did have a SC in Michigan it would be in the South and it would still be a 4 hour drive one way to that SC.
BOTTOM LINE: Tesla needs to reinstate valet service for it's loyal customers in Northern Michigan OR to be fair refund our full purchase price minus a minimal mileage charge. BUT I'D MUCH RATHER KEEP MY TESLA AND GET GOOD SERVICE. IS ANYONE LISTENING AT TESLA?

I live in Petoskey MI just bought an used X. We specifically bought with the condition that ranger service could fix most issues and now we're having a hell of a time even figuring out how to contact ranger service given that the app does not allow direct or work around scheduling of ranger service that I can tell

We have a laundry list of items that need to be fixed knocking front rods under acceleration, dying seat motors clunking driver side window etc., in addition to those items that we suspect a ranger service will be able to fix. The news here is not good.

For us North Michigan people how does one get ranger service it's not selectable in the app

I live in Petoskey MI just bought an used X. We specifically bought with the condition that ranger service could fix most issues and now we're having a hell of a time even figuring out how to contact ranger service given that the app does not allow direct or work around scheduling of ranger service that I can tell

We have a laundry list of items that need to be fixed knocking front rods under acceleration, dying seat motors clunking driver side window etc., in addition to those items that we suspect a ranger service will be able to fix. The news here is not good.

For us North Michigan people how does one get ranger service it's not selectable in the app

I live 20 minutes from Petoskey and I recently had an issue with my Model S. Here’s how I got ranger service: In the app, describe the issue and request mobile service. For the address enter the address of the Toledo Service Center. In a couple of days the ranger assigned to Northern Michigan (Tony) will call you to ask about your actual location and to set up an appointment. Good luck.

Reactions: dwalme
Thanks Tom - I used up all my space describing issues, and attaching pictures - thought I'd be able to request mobile when they called to confirm - probably not the best way to go - I'll see if I can edit the text of the service call. Thanks for the advice and luck wishing.

Hey everyone, I had a mobile service visit today to have my 12 volt battery replaced, and the ranger mentioned that they just opened a service center in Michigan! He said it was in Clarkston off of I-75 and Dixie Highway. He also said that they’re still working on renovating the building, since it’s only been a couple weeks since they got it. So hopefully it’ll be up and running soon!

Reactions: mrau
Hey everyone, I had a mobile service visit today to have my 12 volt battery replaced, and the ranger mentioned that they just opened a service center in Michigan! He said it was in Clarkston off of I-75 and Dixie Highway. He also said that they’re still working on renovating the building, since it’s only been a couple weeks since they got it. So hopefully it’ll be up and running soon!

see this new thread ...
Detroit - Clarkston, Mi Service Center (new)