Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service in Michigan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for fellow Tesla owners in MI. According to Chat Support, to attempt to schedule a ranger to come out to look at your vehicle you are supposed to schedule an appointment in the app and then note your request for a mobile tech. Has anyone been successful with this?

I scheduled a service appointment, through the app as instructed, several days ago and have heard nothing. I tried calling but now I get these automated prompts that circle you back to chat support. With this appointment coming up I don't want to tie up a spot that someone else could use as I'm not driving from Grand Rapids to Toledo.

Seems like previously when I had to call service I could always get to a person, after 20 - 30 minutes anyways. Last issue I had wasn't a big deal, just an annoying rattle coming from the cell phone tray in my Model 3. Guy on the phone originally wanted to ship my car to Cleveland and I had to tell him how that made no sense. Was an easy fix for mobile service.

• Disagree
Reactions: Hoowzer
I've not used the app to schedule service since they added that feature. Well...actually I did use the app, but I was travelling in North Carolina and then I looked up where the nearest service center was and I was in the same town...so I just drove over there. :)

Much easier that way...

I know they want to push more things "online" to increase efficiency...but with Toledo just opening up there might be a need to make a few calls to get an understanding of the procedure.

I have been to the Toledo SC a few times in the past week. They have only been in the building for the past 3 weeks. Still getting set up and moved in. The tech there indicated that they prefer we use the app. He walked me through the process and it seemed easy. The Range Service is still available in the Michigan market.

• Informative
Reactions: OnBass and GSP
Maybe somebody can help me with their own experience. I have a minor squeak that needs to be fixed on site at the service center based on my ranger visit last week. I have scheduled a visit in Toledo but I’m not sure if they will pick up my vehicle since I live 65 miles away or if they will provide me a loaner. I’ve had no luck with emails to the se maybe somebody can help me with their own experience. I have a minor squeak that needs to be fixed on site at the service center based on my Ranger visit last week. I have scheduled a visit in Toledo but I’m not sure if they will pick up my vehicle since I live 65 miles away or if they will provide me a loaner. I’ve had no luck with emails to the service coordinator. Nor has he responded to a phone call. Has anyone required on-site service where they picked up your vehicle and left you a loaner in the last couple weeks? If so how long did it take for them to reach out to you prior to the visit? Thanks

Any west Michigan owners? Do you call Highland Park or another Chicago area SC?

I’m in GR. Last year you would call Cleveland (no joke!) but now that Toledo has a service center you can schedule there. If it is a service that the mobile ranger can take on just request mobile service in the app and they will call you when it gets closer to your selected service date.

I’m in GR. Last year you would call Cleveland (no joke!) but now that Toledo has a service center you can schedule there. If it is a service that the mobile ranger can take on just request mobile service in the app and they will call you when it gets closer to your selected service date.

Thanks - I’ve been in NYC since 1999 but from Grand Haven; may move back in 2021-22, so was just curious how folks in the mitten are making ir work.

Just had my car serviced. Made an appointment for the Toledo SC. I was expecting to drive it to Toledo and received a call the night before from an employee who said he would be there the next day to get my car. Dropped off a loaner and took my car to Farmington Hills where it then got trucked to Cleveland. Live in Lansing.

He made a comment that if you’re more than 50 miles by the bird flies away from a service center, they will pick up your car. He said it’s always changing though. They also mentioned my visit would’ve been a ranger visit if I didn’t have a concern about my AC.

That's interesting @jcarp09

I'll have to compare your experience with mine at the Toledo SC as I definitely live within 50 miles of them and I now have an appointment set for July to get some "regular maintenance" items completed there (my car is now 2 1/2 years old and I have 68,000 miles on it...yeah I've drove quite a bit). Anyway, I don't have anything from Tesla yet besides an email telling me that my appointment is confirmed. I'm also out of warranty at this point (well, besides the battery and power train) so I wonder how that will affect things. I guess I'll report more as I learn it.

I had suspension work done yesterday at the Toledo SC and was very impressed with the quality, efficiency and professionalism of the two technicians. Its a small facility with plans to occupy more of the building in the future. They also have all new equipment that is very high-tech. Very clean and well organized. And, its only 5 miles from my house.

Reactions: mrau
That's interesting @jcarp09

I'll have to compare your experience with mine at the Toledo SC as I definitely live within 50 miles of them and I now have an appointment set for July to get some "regular maintenance" items completed there (my car is now 2 1/2 years old and I have 68,000 miles on it...yeah I've drove quite a bit). Anyway, I don't have anything from Tesla yet besides an email telling me that my appointment is confirmed. I'm also out of warranty at this point (well, besides the battery and power train) so I wonder how that will affect things. I guess I'll report more as I learn it.

Keep us updated. I’d be curious to know. They did end up taking my car to Cleveland. I’m sure it’s because Toledo is smaller and newer. Got my car back yesterday with the work order showing everything they went through. Being that they picked it up and I never went to the service center, communication was a bit sub par, but I give them some slack. Double the fleet in the past year.

I had suspension work done yesterday at the Toledo SC and was very impressed with the quality, efficiency and professionalism of the two technicians. Its a small facility with plans to occupy more of the building in the future. They also have all new equipment that is very high-tech. Very clean and well organized. And, its only 5 miles from my house.

Was it a one day job that they fixed while you waited, or did they give you a loaner? For five miles I'm sure you just drove there. I'm not certain what I'm supposed to do for my appointment yet as they have not told me. But if I drive then it's about 30-40 miles for me....which isn't too bad...but I don't want to be waiting there all day (or any part of the day for that matter).

I asked about their loaner availability and they indicated that they did not have any that day. My wife picked me up. They have some loaner cars that need current registration stickers, so they were not available.
It was a drop off in the am. They did not start on it until around 2 pm. They did finish by 5.

• Informative
Reactions: IT Geek
The lack of communication is what baffles me. Not a peep in response to multiple emails/text messages. My raven refresh had multiple quality issues and I can’t get anyone to respond. Very concerning because the coolness of the car will eventually not matter if the quality of service and build suffers so much.

Reactions: Tribaltech
Mid-michigan here. Don't have a tesla yet, but am very interested. One of my biggest concerns is service as well. I'm well beyond 50 miles from any service center at this point. Would I be able to use their mobile support? Or would I have to drive to Detroit, or Toledo? Haven't ruled out the Model 3 yet, but am looking at the S. I'll probably be buying used, at least with the S, but possibly new with the 3.

Reactions: Tribaltech