Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service in New England?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone! I've been lurking here for a little while, but figured i would finally join. I'm very strongly considering a Model S (and potentially a used Roadster) but i have a couple concerns about service.

I've heard that there is a service center in Watertown, but that's about 100 miles from where i live. I haven't read too much about the service experience for this area, can anyone comment on how the service team is, especially anyone who doesn't live very close to the service center. I'm a bit concerned that if i have any urgent issues, they either won't be able to get out here right away, or won't be able to perform the work in the field. I read a post on the Tesla Motors website earlier that was extremely positive regarding the service department, but I don't know if that's the norm, or a one off experience.

Any experiences that you're willing to share would be very much appreciated, whether they be positive or negative. this is really the only thing holding me up at this point.

Thank you everyone!

Hi electrified89, I live over 150 miles from Watertown. My car is mostly serviced by Rangers so I never have to go to the service center. If they couldn't fix it at my house, which was rare, they put it in a trailer and took it for a few days. Mat heads the operation in Watertown and he's very dedicated to providing top-notch service. Overall I've been quite pleased.

I'm from MD and used the Wash DC Service Cntr when Mat was in charge of it. He is the greatest and a real bummer when he left. You guys are really lucky to have him there. If my roadster would make it I would go to Watertown for service ..... Without a doubt!

I live 10-15 min drive from Watertown so haven't tested the Ranger service, but Mat and the guys there are great, taking care of a handful of minor issues the week after I got my car. I've noticed a couple more in the few weeks since (including moisture in a tail light) so will stop by again soon.

It looks like i'll be going with a Model S Performance, likely putting down the deposit later this week when i get a couple other details figured out.

I actually went by the service center and met the manager, Mat. He was very kind, and took about an hour just talking to me about the car, and the Tesla experience... i must say he makes a pretty strong argument! he give me a ride in a performance S and a Roadster (unfortunately i couldn't drive either at this time) and i was completely blown away by the Model S. The Roadster was a ton of fun, but the Model S offers so much more versatility and unbelievable performance to boot.

I really appreciate the comments here, as it certainly helped me make the decision!

now to decide what options i want! hoping to see a red one soon. he said they should be receiving the first one sometime this week.