Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Keeps Rescheduling and I'm not home ...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car says to schedule service. I went to the app and made the appointment for a time when I was home. Prior to my appointment, Tesla rescheduled to a time when I'm not home. I used the app to rescheduled again (to a time when I was home about 2 weeks out). A few days later, Tesla rescheduled that appointment and pulls the appointment in to the next day. Again, I'm not home. No two way communication to see if I'm available.

I call the help center. They look into it and say someone from my local service center will call me. They never do.

The next day I get a call from the Tesla service tech who is driving to my home and says he does not have my address. Seriously? I tell him about the above and that I'm not home. He says someone will call me later that day. No one calls.

So my Tesla is sitting in the garage now for 2 weeks going no where with no prospect of a service call. How do we actually schedule an appointment that is convenient to both Tesla and Owner without Tesla just changing it later without consolation with the owner? Seems pretty basic.

I'm considering selling my car once the offending issue is addressed. Great car. But I do not need this hassle.

I agree I don't need to be home provided they can access the car. But we have a gated driveway and the car is in a locked garage so letting Tesla Service just show up whenever doesn't work so easily.

Still seems to me they should not offer up appointments they can't keep. And if they do need to reschedule, I'm fine with that but they should ask for a mutually agreeable time vs just rescheduling blindly to suit their needs.

Upvote 0
My car says to schedule service. I went to the app and made the appointment for a time when I was home. Prior to my appointment, Tesla rescheduled to a time when I'm not home. I used the app to rescheduled again (to a time when I was home about 2 weeks out). A few days later, Tesla rescheduled that appointment and pulls the appointment in to the next day. Again, I'm not home. No two way communication to see if I'm available.

I call the help center. They look into it and say someone from my local service center will call me. They never do.

The next day I get a call from the Tesla service tech who is driving to my home and says he does not have my address. Seriously? I tell him about the above and that I'm not home. He says someone will call me later that day. No one calls.

So my Tesla is sitting in the garage now for 2 weeks going no where with no prospect of a service call. How do we actually schedule an appointment that is convenient to both Tesla and Owner without Tesla just changing it later without consolation with the owner? Seems pretty basic.

I'm considering selling my car once the offending issue is addressed. Great car. But I do not need this hassle.
I had the same issue....I had my car not start and a black screen, even after rebooting and doing everything I could find online to try.... this has happened several times. At first, I had scheduled a mobile appt. Then they canceled and I had to rebook a service appt. at a service center...now a week later they have to reschedule two weeks later. I'm hesitant to take my car on long drives in case it happens again...love the car but I'm reconsidering my purchase....

Reactions: Wol747
Upvote 0
Cancel the service appointment and reschedule it once you get home. I‘ve never had Service reschedule a service appointment on me, so your scenario is unusual.
Actually, this has happened to me multiple times. One appointment was rescheduled 5 times because they were waiting on a part presumably. Mobile appointments were also rescheduled multiple times due to staff shortages with covid. I’ve had 3 appointments rescheduled a total of 9 times all together. It’s a very frustrating situation, but not totally unexpected with such a new company and given the world wide chip shortages and staffing issues directly resulting from covid. I am considering going to a different ev with a company that has longer established service centers so I don’t have to deal with these growing pains. My car is still under warranty for another year. In the past 3 years, I have had to use service more than 20 times. Occasionally it has be a fantastic experience. Usually it has been extremely frustrating at worst and mildly irritating at best. I work in customer service and I have a lot of empathy for the employees. The systems are just not developed enough to handle the volume.

Upvote 0