Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service manual and wiring diagrams

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone explain what "tokens" are, where and how often such things are generated and possible to find?

Tesla locked down the diagnostic Ethernet port a few years ago. A rolling access token is generated by the CID and shared with the IC and the gateway and subsequently the mothership. This token is needed to SSH into the CID or the IC. A portion of the token is also needed to enable the diagnostic port.

The token is changed every 24 hours roughly.

• Helpful
Reactions: lunitiks
Gah! Access to Toolbox is bloody expensive...

Toolbox
Welcome | Tesla Service

I wonder if Tesla would consider an 'entry-level' version, much like a cheapo OBD2 reader for an ICE vehicle. A shadetree mechanic would only want/need basic diagnostic information.

I'd Spend $30 dollars if Toolbox enabled me to get to the Diagnostic Mode and change passwords to allow entry into it anytime after my toolbox subscription expired.

@cynix. The official cable is Tesla part # 1013230-00-A. The Service Center can supply them to certified repair shops at € 70 a pop. (The Amsterdam SeC wouldn't sell me one, me being just a private owner.) I ended up making them myself from cutting an UTP flat cable in two and mounting/soldering the appropriate FAKRA connectors to it.

That is correct. I am a mass resident and I have a subscription to the tesla service manual. I have downloaded the toolkit software and it will NOT activate unless you are a certified tesla body shop and have the activation key/password

This and none of the others that I've been able to find include any data or information about the faclelift cars and related service steps thereon. If anyone has found a manual that includes the facelift cars I'd try please to know where I can obtain one.