Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Manuals Now Free?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you download the manuals? PDF?

Whats the best method to download it all and be able to use offline even after the 1 year expired?

Since these are websites, not pdf docs, to make an offline copy you'd probably want to use wget. Be sure to include the pictures, and you probably want it to fix all the links to be static. I might do this also, I was really not happy when the unauthorized online version was forced offline.

I tried 4 different programs that work as site grabbers back when it was $40/hr and none of them would grab anything. the security on the site was top notch and no matter how i went about it i was unable to download any of the manual so i just took a bunch of screenshots of what i was working on at that time before the hour expired.

If anyone finds a program or a way to get the manual downloaded please let us all know how you did it and tag me so i can do it too. I've used site grabbers plenty of times and that's how i downloaded fixyourtesla.com after it went offline but i still grabbed it through the wayback machine link in case that ever wend offline too. But i couldn't get the damn tesla site to let me grab anything.

• Helpful
Reactions: MontyFloyd
Whats the best method to download it all and be able to use offline even after the 1 year expired?

I am a Mac User.
I'm also a Mac user, and the Safari browser appears to allow you to save the webpages for offline viewing. This isn't a perfect solution, but it's better than nothing (and easier for ppl not familiar with tools like wget). I think you have to navigate to each page. Wait for it to finish loading all images. Then, on an open portion of the page, right-click (I have a Windows keyboard, can't remember which Mac keyboard button gives Mac Mouse users this function) and select Save Page As ...

Be sure at the bottom of the prompt to select Format WebArchive. I could be wrong, but from the size of the .webarchive files saved, I'm pretty sure the images are saved, too, even for viewing later if Tesla restricts access. This may not be 100% successful, depending on how links are done in the pages. And, you will definitely have to navigate dozens of folders to save many .webarchive files yourself. Just make a folder structure on your Mac that mimics Tesla's (e.g. 15-InteriorTrim->1511-TrunkTrim).

Later, if access is restricted, just double-click on the .webarchive files on your Mac directly, and they should open in Safari showing the content, with some broken links of course.

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 3.36.04 PM.png

Reactions: solo-act
I assume this is no longer a thing as I am completely unable to get any access to the service manuals after following all the links above, and it's $3000 to sign up for Toolbox 3.0 whatever that is

Possible, but I think unlikely, because I just re-upped my 'subscription' in May. You only get access to the service manuals, not the diagnostic software, which is the $3000/year.

You have to be logged into your Tesla account associated with your car. Go to tesla.com and sign in.

Then go to service.tesla.com, and at the bottom click the 'sign up' button. This should allow you to connect your tesla account with service manuals.

I don't know if this helps,
I assume this is no longer a thing as I am completely unable to get any access to the service manuals after following all the links above, and it's $3000 to sign up for Toolbox 3.0 whatever that is
What @bo3bdar said:
  1. log into your Tesla account
  2. Go to Tesla Service
  3. Click on your model - I clicked on Model Y
That brought up this page

On that page, I clicked on this link, and everything is in there

Last edited:
Hopefully one of us who has no life (LOL) can go through and save each service page as a PDF and assemble them.

Or...forum users can pay someone to assemble the pages they want and compile into a manual.

For example, I just turned the "Bushing - Gearbox - Front Drive Unit (Remove and Replace)" into PDF. See attached file.

Attachments

• Bushing - Gearbox - Front Drive Unit (Remove and Replace).pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 161
Pray you never damage your front drive unit.
Per the manual, it's 266 steps to remove & replace, including post-op checks and alignment. Just a guess, but that's probably a $5k-$7k job minimum, including the new drive unit. Looking at that and a few videos, owning an out of warranty Tesla might require somehow having $10k in assets you can liquidate in a worser-case scenario :oops:

Pray you never damage your front drive unit.
Per the manual, it's 266 steps to remove & replace, including post-op checks and alignment. Just a guess, but that's probably a $5k-$7k job minimum, including the new drive unit. Looking at that and a few videos, owning an out of warranty Tesla might require somehow having $10k in assets you can liquidate in a worser-case scenario :oops:
Every 100K ICE Toyota truck requires approx $5K engine/timing belt, etc and body work/rust
I was exhausted
I’ll do $7K at 150K on an EV

Reactions: DrGriz
Every 100K ICE Toyota truck requires approx $5K engine/timing belt, etc and body work/rust
I was exhausted
I’ll do $7K at 150K on an EV
That might be very old Toyota truck. All Toyota engines uses timing chain and not belt which will last forever as long as you maintain the engine with timely oil changes. Rust can happen if you are driving it in rust belt areas

That might be very old Toyota truck. All Toyota engines uses timing chain and not belt which will last forever as long as you maintain the engine with timely oil changes. Rust can happen if you are driving it in rust belt areas
My 2011 Tacoma has a timing chain and is nearing 100K. All I've ever done (besides cosmetic fix, my bad) is change the oil and filters and spark plugs and wiper blades (myself). No need for anything else. Now the 1960s trucks I have, they required a lot of work. But...

Hopefully one of us who has no life (LOL) can go through and save each service page as a PDF and assemble them.

Or...forum users can pay someone to assemble the pages they want and compile into a manual.

anyone try this?

My 2011 Tacoma has a timing chain and is nearing 100K. All I've ever done (besides cosmetic fix, my bad) is change the oil and filters and spark plugs and wiper blades (myself). No need for anything else. Now the 1960s trucks I have, they required a lot of work. But...
Same… my 2007 Tacoma is nearing 280k with nothing but basic maintenance. Only thing more legendary are some diesel power trains.