TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Service message

Discussion in 'Roadster: Technical' started by Stefan T, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Stefan T

Stefan T Member

i have get yearly serce message and same time lost 20km charging on standad charging
    i don't think the lost have somthing to do with the battery becase of the metrer don't go up to the top
    Qustion is there anny simple way to clean the service message
    My car is only driven 3000 km since last service and most since i bought the car in beging of febuary
    I don't think is necarry to do anny service exept i need to change my 12v battery.

2. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

If you have a message that indicates your car needs service, you should at least call Tesla to determine the cause and take the appropriate service action. If nothing is needed they can clear it for you remotely.

3. Stefan T

Stefan T Member

Thanks i shall call tesla
    for the moment is 2,5 to 3 h driving to nearest service center that is in Denmark (Köpenhavn) not in Sweden that i lives in and 5 to 6h to the that in sweden (stockholm)
    Tesla shall open a cervice center in Göteborg (gotenborg) in april or may

4. Nvbob

Nvbob Roadster 1256

The annual service message is just a reminder for the annual service. I think it starts nagging you on the car's "birth date" every year. There is a way to turn it off from the service screens on the VDS.

5. gfs

gfs Member

please let us know how to turn it off. My local service center told me only they could do it after performing the annual service (which I am pushing out to every 2 years or so as I don't drive a lot)

thanks in advance

6. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

After 16 months of ownership I just had my first "annual service" done by my local Service Center. I never saw any message displayed in my car reminding me to have a service done.

7. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

They must trust your attention to detail. And clearly not trust the rest of us.

8. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

I think ecarfan was is referring to his Model S, he's only owned a Roadster since last October. (Barry, this is a Roadster thread).

9. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Oops! My error. Thanks Nigel

I have not yet had my Roadster remind me about the annual service but as Nigel rightly points out I've only had it about 7 months.