Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service messenger keyboard issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not 100% sure but I believe this depends on how the application, or web page, was developed. The app might be missing something in how its UI is expressed, that the phone keyboard system would detect. Typically the field would move up in the screen so it's visible. Maybe that UI is fixed in screen positions.

Exact same issue here. 😡

• Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 (problem persists on both inner and outer screen) with Google keyboard.
  • And Pixel 4 XL with Google keyboard.
I'm not 100% sure but I believe this depends on how the application, or web page, was developed.
I'm as far to an app/web developer as possible, but I think you are onto something here. It must be just a line of code missing like "if text input is present, scroll UI to fit keyboard".🧐

There are a few reviews mentioning this issue on the Play Store, but I really doubt someone at Tesla takes the time to read their app reviews. Maybe we can report the issue through the contact form at: Tesla - Let us connect

Screenshot_20210505-080104_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I have the same problem. went searching for a solution, and found this thread, but no solution.

In related news, I hate that I need to use my phone's app to schedule service and communicate with service. Why can't I use a PC with the big screen and real keyboard?

I did the "chat with us"
As everything Tesla: "If it ain't broken, break it..."
We used to have an option to do just that a few years ago, where we could log in to our Tesla Account and request a service appointment.

Tesla owners can now self-schedule service appointments online
yes, and I used to be able to just email service advisors.

I just used the "chat with us" box that you suggested, and the person was able to relay a message to my service team.
So, I guess that's what I'll do from now on: I'll use the chat with us feature, and ask them to copy my message. If enough people do that enough times, maybe they'll want to give us a different way to communicate with them using a physical keyboard instead of a virtual keyboard that displays over the entry box.