Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Mode keeps Valet Mode?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to make others aware, having arrived at a service centre yesterday and cruising in Valet Mode (to reduce a problem being attended to) I found my Tesla automatically entered Service Mode on arrival at the geo-fence zone, greying out the various in-car security options and app control too. Just oddly, Valet Mode was still left on. You can guess what happened next; a call from technicians when they couldn't open up the car to begin work.

To resolve without giving away pass codes they took it out of Service Mode so I could use my app to disable Valet while being chauffeured away at 70 mph, triggering a confusing “Your vehicle is ready to collect” auto-text message. Later had the same thing happen again when MCU1 settings were migrated to MCU2, as app Valet Mode change isn’t saved to in-car driver profile.

Touchless Service also still mentions on the official support web page to bring key fobs / card along. A randomised geo-fence PIN to Drive value is set once on-site. Just that if you leave said keys within vehicle that doesn't stop someone ‘borrowing’ them, then following you home. I handed mine over to service desk (who seem puzzled by this) but pleasingly received them back later with fresh batteries.

Last edited: