Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Mode selfieCamInitFault (w147 error)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_1325.JPEG

So I saw some threads about service mode so being the nosey nancy I am, I tried to go into it. Well, it said 1 active service alert and it appears because of the alert, my speed is limited. Checking active alerts and I see this APP_w147 error. Anyone else see this on their vehicle? I tried a hard reset of my vehicle and the error still persists.

What did you hear from the service department when you submitted a service request for this (you did that, right?)
I did submit a service request for this, waiting on their reply and will update once I find out more info. In parallel, while waiting for their response, I figured I would make a post to see if anyone else has ran into this as well, thanks.

Are you experiencing slower speeds? Any limitation of AP?
To be honest, no not experiencing any slower speeds or AP limitation.

Did you ever receive a notification outside service mode or did you find this just poking through service mode. Im generally not a fan of being filmed so I have my camera covered. I wonder if I have any service mode alerts.
Found strictly via poking through service mode. I DID have a business card sitting in front of the camera for a while to block it, but recently have had it uncovered.

I DO have an ingenext boost sr module, not sure if that's related at all. Still waiting on service to say somethign.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
View attachment 868263

So I saw some threads about service mode so being the nosey nancy I am, I tried to go into it. Well, it said 1 active service alert and it appears because of the alert, my speed is limited. Checking active alerts and I see this APP_w147 error. Anyone else see this on their vehicle? I tried a hard reset of my vehicle and the error still persists.
Is this just a more techie wording of "Cabin camera unavailable"? At least for me, when I've gotten that message has been just as I start the car, making me think it's an initialization error, and this message speaks of reboots. I've thought it's probably bad software timing, and a Tesla tech said much the same, and not to worry about the camera.

Now to the elephant: how do you get into Service Mode, and what fun can you have there?

View attachment 868263

Could you solve the issue meanwhile? In case yes, how did you get it fixed?
I have exactly the same problem and Telsa Vehicle Support has sent me multiple solution options. Unfortunately, none of them solved the issue.

Thanks for your appreciated support!
All the best,
Alexander