Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Mode- What can I do with it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
which charging costs are you talking about? I'm pretty sure you can't skip supercharging fees. I guess someone thinks you could tell the car it has unlimited free supercharging? I'm 99% sure you can't change any of those billing-related settings from the service mode. That would actually be theft anyway if you could. Other fees are at your home, the car doesn't control that.

Team - can I get unlimited charging in service mode? been told I can by an engineer, but wouldn't disclose it. What if any benefits is there to opening service mode? Can I add anything I dont already have in my M3P
Not clear what you mean, he told you but he didn't disclose it? Huh? Maybe he meant if you stop at a service center and switch to service mode you can charge up all you like.

Service mode has a brake burnishing setting that will help you use your brakes if they're glazed over or the pads need bedding.

I was able to enter service mode from home recently. IT has been geofenced for a long while but I believe it's now available. Half the times there would be no menu entries, I had to get out and back in and it finally worked. I am under the impression that there are less options at home than at a service center though, as there doesn't seem to be that much you can do in it at home.

ph0ton gave the procedure of how to get into Service Mode, and here are a few screenshots of the options:
IMG_5550.jpeg

Brake burnishing is the one that seems most useful.
IMG_5557 (1).jpeg

IMG_5558 (1).jpeg

Brakes? We have brakes? Huh! I always use regen clear down to zero mph. Never use brakes, and figure they'll last the life of the car and beyond.
Remind me never to be in front of you 😁.
It hasn't been geofenced for a few updates now.
I'm currently on 2022.12.3.2 and from what I can tell, geofencing is still enabled in this version. That is to say, I tried entering service mode in my driveway and nothing happened.
Not sure this is accurate. I was at a non tesla body shop for ... body repairs.. when the tech who took in my car put it in service mode as I stood there.
Supposedly, at least from what I've read, authorized body shops have had the capability to invoke service mode on their premises. Even prior to the recent dropping of the geofence.

Reactions: calidreamz808
I'm currently on 2022.12.3.2 and from what I can tell, geofencing is still enabled in this version. That is to say, I tried entering service mode in my driveway and nothing happened.
Erm, yes, that is quite a few updates behind now (March-April). I guess it's a good datapoint but I'm sure someone can just check the update history.