TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Service model

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by ppl, Jul 29, 2013.

1. ppl

ppl Member

My own service experience confirms musk idea of not making money off service. Don't yell at me but I damaged my model s. a spike sticking out one of those concrete stops you pull upto when parking caught on my front bumper. When I backed up it pulled my bumper half off. Pushed it on enough to get to service center. Thought I would have expensive body repair but they reattached bumper, washed car did fix an issue I didn't know I had (a click on steering when turned completely at rest), upgraded firm ware and filled The nick in paint. Total cost less than 30 dollars. The only thing they charged me for was the touch up paint. Wow. I think they are going to build a very loyal following with this model. An independent deal or would have probably had his way with me

2. austinEV

austinEV Active Member

That is great. No, wait, as I shareholder I am mad! I will insist they bill you $500.

3. blakegallagher

This seems crazy ... 30 dollars was your bill? that is awesome. If that is similar to the service and fee's charged to everyone, no other car company has a chance.

4. StapleGun

StapleGun Member

WOW!! That's great to hear. Service is just another one of those things in the auto industry that's always been a certain way. You assume you are going to get ripped off, and when you don't you start to wonder why you ever put up with it in the first place.

5. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Similar story here. I get a flat about 200 yards from home, which later turns out to have been caused by a 3" utility blade I somehow picked up that destroyed the tire. The service center didn't have any new replacement tires for the 19" rims, but had a slightly used (200 miles) tire mounted on another rim. They swapped wheels for me t no cost. Amazing as a customer; slightly concerning s. shareholder.

6. fryfrye

fryfrye Member

"Good" word of mouth experiences like this pay for themselves more than a multi-million dollar ad-campaign on TV....

7. blakegallagher

Agree. If they keep that up it will truly be unfair for all competition. :)