Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Observations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A couple of quick thoughts as my Model 3 is in for service to replace a headlight, fix a bad actuator on the glovebox and check the alignment as it seems to be slightly pulling to the right.

1. I was given a Cadillac XTS as a loaner. Man I miss my Tesla. Apart from it feeling like I'm driving an ocean liner, I would suggest that, given all the initial negative feedback on the Model 3 single screen interface, the Cadillac is a sea of touch sensitive buttons and I can't figure half of it out. The Tesla UX is much easier to navigate. The only thing I'd take from the Cadillac are the vented seats.

2. The Tesla Tech who I went on a test drive with told me that the alignment isn't just mechanical - that the software learns from driving the optimum alignment. So it's important that the steering wheel be straight (mine was slightly turned to the right). He said it takes about an hour of driving for the software to optimize. And that makes sense since the app showed it went on a highway drive for about 45 minutes this morning.

Can't wait to get it back

I hear you about #1. I was taking my old ride to the shop to get a few things fixed on it before selling it and man I sure missed the 3. The acceleration was sluggish and the handling was slow. And I used to think it was ok, not the fastest car, but not the slowest, and I certainly thought it cornered well...

And funny you should mention the glove box. When I got my 3 home I noticed the glove box didn't open, it clicks but no open. I called service and they're sending someone out to fix it at my office while I'm at work. Waiting for the part to come in right now.

How much time are M3's spending in "service" for the first month? Someone who knows how (which isn't me) should start a pole.

It seems like every one needs a bunch of factory defects fixed. Sure hope this perception is wrong.

P.S. When by the Tesla service center/showroom in Bellevue, WA (NE 20th) yesterday. The lot was full of Tesla's including M3's in for service. Hope my 3D doesn't need service upon delivery next week.

How much time are M3's spending in "service" for the first month? Someone who knows how (which isn't me) should start a pole.

It seems like every one needs a bunch of factory defects fixed. Sure hope this perception is wrong.
Your perception is wrong. People whose Model 3 is just fine (like mine) don’t post about it.

P.S. When by the Tesla service center/showroom in Bellevue, WA (NE 20th) yesterday. The lot was full of Tesla's including M3's in for service. Hope my 3D doesn't need service upon delivery next week.

I was in service for an hour week two of ownership, with the brake clip squeal. And dropped it off Friday afternoon (third month of ownership) for these items - and it's been repaired... and I'm picking it up again 1st thing Monday morning.

Before the Tesla - I had a 2007 Mazda CX-7. It was the first year of that model. It had a handful recalls and extended warranties added. Then timing chain went at 80k km and transmission went at 103k km. I'm not so worried about what happens in the first few months. I expect (and everyone should expect) some issues in the first year of a new model.

It's really about how they handle them. And in my experience - it's been good so far.

Reactions: Falkirk