TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Service Plan Includes Alingment for Air Suspension?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by chetoc230, Apr 20, 2016.

1. chetoc230

chetoc230 Member

Reading through existing threads it looked like sometime in 2015 the alignment was no longer included with the Annual Service and was an additional charge?

Went in on Monday for my annual service on the 60 with air suspension and they did the alignment which was included with no additional charge?

Anyone know if alignments are included on air suspension only?

2. Nevek

Nevek Overt Member

I had my 85D with air in for the first annual yesterday. Checking the alignment was included, but adjusting if needed, and it was, cost an extra $100 over the $400 first service fee. This was Bellevue WA service center.

3. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

They said $140 extra in Texas. Checking was included.

4. Nevek

Nevek Overt Member

So we have free, $100 and $140 for alignment with an annual. Seems arbitrary, but not something I'll lose sleep over.

5. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Member

There is a thread here that has some more info. My date in Oct 2015 includes Alignment. It was changed at some date after that.
    Official: Model S Service Plans

6. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

My first service covered it. Won't go in again until probably August. I'll see what happens.

7. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

That's odd. Each time I've had my inspection, they align it at no charge. I even get the alignment report before and after. I did purchase the service plan.

8. anxman

anxman Member

My understanding is that it used to be included and now it's not. They sometimes do courtesy ones if your car is in for another reason and they want to give a favor.

Fwiw, the alignment on my Tesla goes out all the time. It's pretty annoying.

9. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

I have never paid either. They said I would have to next time. I also have the service plan.

10. Joules Verne

Joules Verne Member

#10 Joules Verne, Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    From the service plan FAQ

What happens during my Annual Service Inspection?

During your annual inspection, our expert Tesla Service team will take your Model S through a bumper to bumper, roof to wheel inspection. The wheels will be removed and tires will be rotated if necessary. If wheel alignment is determined necessary, this service can be performed for an additional charge. Logs will be pulled and examined, and all systems will be tested for operation. The drive unit assemblies will be inspected, and the temperature management system will be checked. Your brakes will be inspected. If the brake pads are outside of recommended specifications, they can be replaced for an additional charge. Normal items, such as windshield wipers will be replaced as needed. Tread wear is inspected and if new tires are needed additional charges will apply if new tires are installed. Please note that tire wear is not covered as part of the annual inspection or under the Tesla Service Plans

11. Edmond

Edmond Permanon

They tend to do a slap-dash job though. And excessive negative rear camber (non-adjustable) causes fast tire wear. There are solutions in lolachampcar's threads in Dynamics.

12. Tree95

Tree95 Member

I can add a third. I dropped mine off this morning. It's a year old and has 35,000 miles. It needed new tires, and the SC guy said that included an alignment.

13. Joules Verne

Joules Verne Member

Great Scott!!! That's discouraging.