Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Plans etc. (Canada)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I've read on here that Service Plans w/ ranger service will cover seasonal tire changes. Can anyone confirm if that is the case? Is there an additional charge for the work?

Since I'm so close to the SC, I won't be getting the Ranger add-on. I figure I can drive there as easily as any other car dealer I've used in the past, and can always get CAA to flatbed it to the SC if it comes to that.

So if you don't get the Ranger service, does that mean no free tire swaps? I usually do the swap myself, but figure Tesla will probably have the wheels off to check brakes and suspension anyway, so might as well let them put the alternate set back on.

I think I've read on here that Service Plans w/ ranger service will cover seasonal tire changes. Can anyone confirm if that is the case? Is there an additional charge for the work?

I called the service center and they confirmed that they'll do swaps at the service center, or if you have ranger service at your home. Makes the ranger service worthwhile for me. Just signed up for the 8 year anywhere plan. I guess I'm going to keep this car a while. :)

Last edited:
I called the service center and they confirmed that they'll do swaps at the service center, or if you have ranger service at your home. Makes the ranger service worthwhile for me. Now I have to decide if I'm going to go with 4 years or 8.... I'm leaning towards 8 at this point.

I'm definitely going for 8, because it'll only last me 4 with the amount I drive. (I'll hit the 12,500 mi / 20,000 km mark in about 6 months).

I signed up for 8. Definitely keeping this car for a while...

I had a detailed conv with the factory guys on the service plans as the guys in Toronto service center were confused about it. The factory guys said that the service plans cover the replacement of wear and tear parts like brake pads, wind shield wiper etc. However, if anything else goes wrong with the car, that would be covered under the limited vehicle warranty. The limited warranty lasts for only the first 4 yrs and then you would need the extended warranty plan. They also said, that we would still be illegible to buy the "4 yr" service plan pre-pay after four years too. So for now, I'll buy the 4 yr upfront.

I've heard conflicting stories about the 8 year service plan, i.e. whether you could sign up for another 4 years down the road. So I went for the 8.

The extended warranty you can definitely sign up for later, as long as it is before the factory warranty expires.

Does anybody know exactly what services can be performed (or the conditions that qualify for) Ranger service? I'm far enough from a SC that ranger service is likely the only service my car will get, apart from the annual maintenance check. I can't really see Tesla flying someone out here to fix a squeaky sunroof, for example.

P.S. 100th post. Yay me!

Does anybody know exactly what services can be performed (or the conditions that qualify for) Ranger service? I'm far enough from a SC that ranger service is likely the only service my car will get, apart from the annual maintenance check. I can't really see Tesla flying someone out here to fix a squeaky sunroof, for example.

P.S. 100th post. Yay me!

Pretty much anything that doesn't require a lift. They can trailer it back to the service center if it needs major service. It is also possible to do some repairs at third party garages.

So I literally signed up for the 4 + 4 Plan this morning (was getting worried by the "4 Days Left" warning on my Garage page) and now they've announced the Plan is no longer compulsory.

I wonder if I could stretch it out to annually / 40,000 km (instead of 20,000 km), then at least that way I'd actually get 8 years out of it based on my expected mileage.

Leaning towards taking the 4 YR Service plan (no ranger)

Extension Service of $2600, we'll see in 3-4 years
The additional 4 YR Service, that's really confusing; some say you need to purchase now some say you don't have. What about it I don't want to take the 4 YR plan and pay the 650$ per visit (year or 18,000km), I assume, I'm covered too and that's available too?

Hope I won't get screwed like for the Supercharger option and the twin charger...

see what you are saying about warranty, but, wow, knox, I can see why you got a Tesla... I don't know of anyone saving more on gas than you... must be something like $3,000/year.

see what you are saying about warranty, but, wow, knox, I can see why you got a Tesla... I don't know of anyone saving more on gas than you... must be something like $3,000/year.

It's even a bit more than that. I put together a spreadsheet based on my expected driving with today's gas and electricity prices and expect to save around $20,000 over 6 years. (Was spending $75 to $80 every 4 days in my old Cadillac CTS). With the free charging I'm getting at work and other places, it may be even more.

I have to say, I've really enjoyed my time away from the pump!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm still happy with the service plan, given that I'm >400 km from the service center and need Rangers. But I wonder if some will be asking for refunds?

I'll stick it out, although I might just go in once annually regardless of mileage and actually get 8 years out of the 4 + 4 plan I bought (or have a transferable benefit if I sell the car before then).

Hi, just bought the 4 YR no ranger Service plan but I have remorse. I'm reading everywhere that it's not mandatory anymore to buy it (4 YR or the annual $650 version). What did I just buy? Should I ask for a refund? I thought that the warranty would be void and updates would not be available...

From what I understand, I will get tire changed twice a year included. Over 4 year if my brakes are not replaced nor my wipers. what do I buy this for?