Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service plans no longer available for purchase?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

deonb

Mar 4, 2013
Redmond, WA
I just noticed that the button that used to be on the car in the 'My Garage' page, that was used to purchase the prepaid service agreement is now gone. (The email I have states that I have until April 30th).

Is this available for anybody else?

Combined with Elon's conversation with Betty Liu today that one of the announcements over the next few weeks would be about "re-engineering of Tesla's service", I could read something into that (free service!), but let's not go down that road again...

I think rather that this is a web-site glitch, since that same page is now trying to help me get financing ... for a vehicle that I picked up and paid for 2 months ago. :confused:

I just noticed that the button that used to be on the car in the 'My Garage' page, that was used to purchase the prepaid service agreement is now gone. (The email I have states that I have until April 30th).

I think rather that this is a web-site glitch, since that same page is now trying to help me get financing ... for a vehicle that I picked up and paid for 2 months ago. :confused:

Same here. ;-) I already ordered service, but not the tire plan, so the button should still show up for me so I could order the tire plan.

In another thread, someone mentioned that Tesla takes a few revisions to get their web site in order. I'm not sure why (don't they have a few fake accounts in various stages, do regression testing, etc.?), but no doubt it'll get shaken out in a few days. I recommend e-mailing [email protected], though; they're probably already aware of it, but just in case. (I'm not e-mailing them because I don't need anything from that link now.)

Service plan purchasing gone from website.

Since the website came up yesterday I have lost my ability to pick a service plan.

I was contemplating purchasing a plan and I had 40 days, according to the site, to make my decision and now the plans are gone. It still lists the plans but I cannot add to a cart and purchase.

Anyone else?

Well, I just paid for it yesterday... it would be a bit odd if I was the last person who was able to...

Combined with Elon's conversation with Betty Liu today that one of the announcements over the next few weeks would be about "re-engineering of Tesla's service", I could read something into that (free service!), but let's not go down that road again...
Uh, yeah, that would be upsetting to those of us who just sent Tesla money for service. Also seems unlikely given that the company is focused on improving cash flow.

Mine still had a button for "PAY", when of course I paid and got my car a month ago. I asked them to fix that yesterday. Perhaps this has resulted in the entire web page system being taken down for servicing...

No you can't. Doesn't work.
What you may be running into is the annoying "oh, you meant the home page" redirect that I get often with the TeslaMotors.com site when trying to link directly to a sub-page of the site without going through the home page first. Something with the "referrer" part of the request perhaps. I dunno. But it sucks.

In short, make sure you visit the home page first, then login, then directly paste the URL into the address bar.

What if they removed the buttons for a legit reason? Maybe they're retooling things? Elon did mention one of his remaining 3 announcements was a change or update to Tesla Motors Service, so perhaps the links were pulled in preparation of that.

I just received this from TM ownership:

As it stands now, after the recent website updates, the ability to sign up for a service plan in your MyTesla garage has been lost. We hope to have this feature returned in the next few days. I would process the pan myself if our team had the ability, but the only way to sign up for a plan is through the MyTesla website.

You must be special. :wink:
I just tried, navigating their site every which way I could and cannot order it. I am offered financing! After the fact. So their web site is buggy; I can wait ... 14 days to pay "da man".

Same here. I logged in to My Tesla directly and tried the e-mail link. All I get is the Financing link even though it shows the car as "Delivered". Plus, I'm in Canada and the Financing link takes me to a US application page.

I only ever had the tire coverage... not the service plan. Now I'm concerned.

You must be special. :wink:
Thank you sp4rk, my parents think so ;-)

Not sure why it seems to be working for some and not for others, but the website in general seems to be displaying anomalous behavior. My neighbor who ordered a multicoat red got a delivery button but it did nothing when he pressed it. He called Tesla who said they were having difficulty with the site and gave him his VIN and delivery window on the phone.

Not every state had the ability to buy the $2500 extended warranty yet. For example: In Washington State we are offered the two maintenance plans options (4 year & the 4 + 4 longer plan) and they offered the Tire Coverage but not the extended warranty. We've been told they are working out the state-specific details and the plan should be available shortly.