TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Service plans no longer available for purchase?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by deonb, Apr 3, 2013.

1. deonb

deonb Active Member

I just noticed that the button that used to be on the car in the 'My Garage' page, that was used to purchase the prepaid service agreement is now gone. (The email I have states that I have until April 30th).

Is this available for anybody else?

Combined with Elon's conversation with Betty Liu today that one of the announcements over the next few weeks would be about "re-engineering of Tesla's service", I could read something into that (free service!), but let's not go down that road again...

I think rather that this is a web-site glitch, since that same page is now trying to help me get financing ... for a vehicle that I picked up and paid for 2 months ago. :confused:

2. kendallpb

kendallpb Model S: P 8061

Same here. ;-) I already ordered service, but not the tire plan, so the button should still show up for me so I could order the tire plan.

In another thread, someone mentioned that Tesla takes a few revisions to get their web site in order. I'm not sure why (don't they have a few fake accounts in various stages, do regression testing, etc.?), but no doubt it'll get shaken out in a few days. I recommend e-mailing [email protected], though; they're probably already aware of it, but just in case. (I'm not e-mailing them because I don't need anything from that link now.)

3. PearlModelS

PearlModelS Member

Service plan purchasing gone from website.

Since the website came up yesterday I have lost my ability to pick a service plan.

I was contemplating purchasing a plan and I had 40 days, according to the site, to make my decision and now the plans are gone. It still lists the plans but I cannot add to a cart and purchase.

Anyone else?

4. tomanik

tomanik Member

5. neroden

neroden Happy Model S Owner

Well, I just paid for it yesterday... it would be a bit odd if I was the last person who was able to...

Uh, yeah, that would be upsetting to those of us who just sent Tesla money for service. Also seems unlikely given that the company is focused on improving cash flow.

Mine still had a button for "PAY", when of course I paid and got my car a month ago. I asked them to fix that yesterday. Perhaps this has resulted in the entire web page system being taken down for servicing...

6. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

No you can't. Doesn't work.

7. gregincal

gregincal Active Member

#7 gregincal, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
    It works fine for me.

As a matter of fact, I'd been procrastinating, but I just now signed up for the 4+4 plan.

8. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

It worked for me.

9. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

What you may be running into is the annoying "oh, you meant the home page" redirect that I get often with the TeslaMotors.com site when trying to link directly to a sub-page of the site without going through the home page first. Something with the "referrer" part of the request perhaps. I dunno. But it sucks.

In short, make sure you visit the home page first, then login, then directly paste the URL into the address bar.

10. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

What if they removed the buttons for a legit reason? Maybe they're retooling things? Elon did mention one of his remaining 3 announcements was a change or update to Tesla Motors Service, so perhaps the links were pulled in preparation of that.

11. Chris

Chris Member

I just received this from TM ownership:

As it stands now, after the recent website updates, the ability to sign up for a service plan in your MyTesla garage has been lost. We hope to have this feature returned in the next few days. I would process the pan myself if our team had the ability, but the only way to sign up for a plan is through the MyTesla website.

12. jpasqua

jpasqua P19325

Worked fine for me. I ordered my service plan about an hour ago and have the confirmation email from Tesla.

13. sp4rk

sp4rk Banned

You must be special. :wink:
    I just tried, navigating their site every which way I could and cannot order it. I am offered financing! After the fact. So their web site is buggy; I can wait ... 14 days to pay "da man".
    And happy to.

14. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Same here. I logged in to My Tesla directly and tried the e-mail link. All I get is the Financing link even though it shows the car as "Delivered". Plus, I'm in Canada and the Financing link takes me to a US application page.

15. jcadman22

jcadman22 MD: DRK NRG

I was able to follow the provided link but I think I'll drag my feet for a few weeks as my deadline approaches just to see what changes Tesla is making.

16. Mike_Schlechter

Mike_Schlechter Model S - P457

I only ever had the tire coverage... not the service plan. Now I'm concerned.

17. jpasqua

jpasqua P19325

Thank you sp4rk, my parents think so ;-)

Not sure why it seems to be working for some and not for others, but the website in general seems to be displaying anomalous behavior. My neighbor who ordered a multicoat red got a delivery button but it did nothing when he pressed it. He called Tesla who said they were having difficulty with the site and gave him his VIN and delivery window on the phone.

18. SuperCoug

SuperCoug Model S Res #7734

Not every state had the ability to buy the $2500 extended warranty yet. For example: In Washington State we are offered the two maintenance plans options (4 year & the 4 + 4 longer plan) and they offered the Tire Coverage but not the extended warranty. We've been told they are working out the state-specific details and the plan should be available shortly.

19. Plug Me In

Plug Me In Member

Pretty sure it's a glitch from the website re-do. My service plan button is gone and it's asking me to finance my already delivered S.

20. shady

shady Member

I ordered the 4+4 service plan on Monday. I didn't get any e-mail confirmation (it was stated that I would) but I see they've processed my credit card!

Edit: Scratch that - I found the receipt in my GMail Spam folder